E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Euro COMAND and Bluetooth Prompt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 01:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Tesla M3SR+, 2017 GLS550, 2011 E350 Bluetec, 2007 GL450 (GONE), 2003 E500 (GONE)
Question Euro COMAND and Bluetooth Prompt

I have Euro COMAND (model 7023 production 2006). One of the menu options under the SERV button is Bluetooth prompt. After pressing the prompt there is a message that up to 6 Bluetooth devices could be connected and then the unit begins searching for devices. I have several phones with Bluetooth but non of them are found by the COMAND at this time.

Could anyone clarify the meaning of Bluetooth on my COMAND? Would I have to add a module to support BT connectivity? Is this the same module that people refer to as 'puck and tail'?

Thank you for your feedback.
Alex
Old 09-01-2007, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by MB500
I have Euro COMAND (model 7023 production 2006). One of the menu options under the SERV button is Bluetooth prompt. After pressing the prompt there is a message that up to 6 Bluetooth devices could be connected and then the unit begins searching for devices. I have several phones with Bluetooth but non of them are found by the COMAND at this time.

Could anyone clarify the meaning of Bluetooth on my COMAND? Would I have to add a module to support BT connectivity? Is this the same module that people refer to as 'puck and tail'?

Thank you for your feedback.
Alex
Would you confirm first that you did read the sticky at the audio&electronics section and searched other BT topics? Did you read the Comand manual? If still confused, experts might want to help with details.

Anyway, the Comand BT is not for telephony but visitor card exchange and BT audio (BT HF from Comand to your BT headset, not from the BT capable phone or BT puck to the headset). Not sure if your Comand has a local address book and able to make use of visitor cards.

For BT telephony you would need a car kit and a BT puck (I thought the puck-with-tail was intended for older cars than yours).
Old 09-01-2007, 11:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Tesla M3SR+, 2017 GLS550, 2011 E350 Bluetec, 2007 GL450 (GONE), 2003 E500 (GONE)
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Would you confirm first that you did read the sticky at the audio&electronics section and searched other BT topics? Did you read the Comand manual? If still confused, experts might want to help with details.

Anyway, the Comand BT is not for telephony but visitor card exchange and BT audio (BT HF from Comand to your BT headset, not from the BT capable phone or BT puck to the headset). Not sure if your Comand has a local address book and able to make use of visitor cards.

For BT telephony you would need a car kit and a BT puck (I thought the puck-with-tail was intended for older cars than yours).
Thank you for your reply, Diesel Benz. My car is 2003 but I've added 2006 COMAND unit. From what I've read, I would have to add 'puck and tail' solution to enable BT connection in my car. I am also not sure what a "vistor card exchage' feature might be -- I am still searching for a PDF manual for my 06 COMAND unit.

I am going to read a sticky in the Audio section and educate myself a bit more. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Alex
Old 09-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
MB500 Let us know how it goes. I got a 03 E500 too and have read the sticky but need to refresh myself on that. Should be getting a Euro command shortly and would like to know your success or ....lets just say success
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by MB500
Thank you for your reply, Diesel Benz. My car is 2003 but I've added 2006 COMAND unit. From what I've read, I would have to add 'puck and tail' solution to enable BT connection in my car. I am also not sure what a "vistor card exchage' feature might be -- I am still searching for a PDF manual for my 06 COMAND unit.

I am going to read a sticky in the Audio section and educate myself a bit more. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Alex
Would the 2006 Comand be very different from a 2005, manuals up to this year can be found here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/comand_manual.htm

The visitor card exchange is just an option to send the phone book contact info from one device to another one, like you can usually send from your cell phone to another cell phone as a text message or between a phone and a laptop. This would work in a car if the Comand has a local address book (like W221, not familiar with other models).

You are lucky in the US to have an option for 2003 cars. Europe has not BT support from MB for 2003 but there seems to be one non-OEM product coming from Australia.