E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dealers V Mercedes-Benz UK V Customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Avantgarde Petrol
Dealers V Mercedes-Benz UK V Customer

Please visit my site which will give you a summary of the problem I am having with Mercedes-Benz UK.

http://www.mercedes-characteristic.com

PS: No solicitors are involved in the case now.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 AM

E320 Avantgarde Petrol
My experience does not justify the high Public Relation standing Mercedes-Benz UK are

Please visit this site for the full story including sound.

If you are about to collect or just bought your new Mercedes Benz, be careful, be very very careful.

My advice, if you are collecting your car from Germany, remember that the car is not yours until after you deliver it to the dealer and then register it in your name. Do consider rejecting the car at the first sign of trouble and I say especially do not pay for the car in full. Consider buying it on finance and when you are happy with the car settle in six months or so, you’ll pay a little more but this could save you a lot.

Why?

I bought a new Mercedes E320 Avant-garde petrol from Mercedes Benz, Dartford. The day after collecting it from Stuttgart in July 2004 I reported to the dealer that there was a problem with the steering, noticed as
I drove it out of the factory. Today, 3 years later the problem has not been resolved.

I have had a problem with my car from day one. Initially I put my trust and faith in the dealer but instead of dealing with the situation in a way that might promote customer satisfaction, I was faced with unhelpful responses, numerous delays and an inability to resolve the problem. This left me with a complete lack of trust in both their ability and integrity. I don’t understand the treatment and the denial that I have been getting from the Mercedes Directors team and their persistence in saying that there is nothing wrong with my vehicle when I am told by several dealers that there is a fault.

The vehicle drives with what has been described by myself and dealers’ technicians as: oscillation, a judder, harshness or pulsating. Certainly not the smooth and silky steering that one would expects of a Mercedes luxury car.

I trusted and expected a reputable company to put things right. After numerous (around ten) unsuccessful attempts by MB Dartford to resolve the problem, including changing all the wheels and tyres,
steering rack and steering pump, and Steering Box they then decided to say they did not think there was a fault but instead it was a CHARACTERISTIC of the car. I found it amazing that not only did it take around a year for the management to make this claim but also that it was contrary to what I had previously been told by their own engineers and the GM of MB Dartford, UK.

John
Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM

GL350
Originally Posted by J G B
Please visit this site for the full story including sound.

If you are about to collect or just bought your new Mercedes Benz, be careful, be very very careful.

My advice, if you are collecting your car from Germany, remember that the car is not yours until after you deliver it to the dealer and then register it in your name. Do consider rejecting the car at the first sign of trouble and I say especially do not pay for the car in full. Consider buying it on finance and when you are happy with the car settle in six months or so, you’ll pay a little more but this could save you a lot.

Why?

I bought a new Mercedes E320 Avant-garde petrol from Mercedes Benz, Dartford. The day after collecting it from Stuttgart in July 2004 I reported to the dealer that there was a problem with the steering, noticed as
I drove it out of the factory. Today, 3 years later the problem has not been resolved.

I have had a problem with my car from day one. Initially I put my trust and faith in the dealer but instead of dealing with the situation in a way that might promote customer satisfaction, I was faced with unhelpful responses, numerous delays and an inability to resolve the problem. This left me with a complete lack of trust in both their ability and integrity. I don’t understand the treatment and the denial that I have been getting from the Mercedes Directors team and their persistence in saying that there is nothing wrong with my vehicle when I am told by several dealers that there is a fault.

The vehicle drives with what has been described by myself and dealers’ technicians as: oscillation, a judder, harshness or pulsating. Certainly not the smooth and silky steering that one would expects of a Mercedes luxury car.

I trusted and expected a reputable company to put things right. After numerous (around ten) unsuccessful attempts by MB Dartford to resolve the problem, including changing all the wheels and tyres,
steering rack and steering pump, and Steering Box they then decided to say they did not think there was a fault but instead it was a CHARACTERISTIC of the car. I found it amazing that not only did it take around a year for the management to make this claim but also that it was contrary to what I had previously been told by their own engineers and the GM of MB Dartford, UK.

John
Hello John
I am sure that i am not the first one reading your post but just wondering.

Why did you go all the way to Germany to pick up a car and what is it you really want after driving the car for 3 years?
Oh and the racecard...How did the convo get there?

Last edited by georgedaman; 10-16-2007 at 09:13 PM.