E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Negative Camber!!! Help PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negative Camber!!! Help PLEASE!!

So I put my car on a lift for the first time since the begining of summer and my mechanic showed me the rear tires! The whole inside of the tire is completly worn down to the metal thread!!! this was due to the lowering of the car and my rear rims are bent in causing the negative camber, is there a camber kit available to fix this problem, or can i have a wheel alignment done in the rear to solve this problem? I just Fu*ked up a pair of brand new perelli p nero's in less than 5k miles because of this problem. I see alot of german cars with this stance where the rear bends inwards when it's dropped, especially BMW's.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Originally Posted by unclebenz
So I put my car on a lift for the first time since the begining of summer and my mechanic showed me the rear tires! The whole inside of the tire is completly worn down to the metal thread!!! this was due to the lowering of the car and my rear rims are bent in causing the negative camber, is there a camber kit available to fix this problem, or can i have a wheel alignment done in the rear to solve this problem? I just Fu*ked up a pair of brand new perelli p nero's in less than 5k miles because of this problem. I see alot of german cars with this stance where the rear bends inwards when it's dropped, especially BMW's.
Where do you live? I know a place if you live in northern California. I took my car there. No kit, but they did some custom work for me.

At the very least, have your toe set to "zero". That is the major contributor to uneven tire wear.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
I had a 4 wheel alignment done and that cured the problem. My first set of 19's lasted less than 5K miles, Im on my second set with over 15K miles and they still look new. The fronts will need a set of alignment screws that you get from the dealer cheap, so get them before you go to the alignment shop to save from having to go through the whole thing tiwce.