E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

USMC license plate opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 E-550 4-matic Sport; '15 RAM, '15 X3, '15 Charger SRT
USMC license plate opinions

I had USMC license plates on my 01 E-Class and have an E-550 coming in Oct. I can use those plates or just get regular plates. The 3 numbers and 3 letters on the plates are random and carry no meaning.

I was never stopped or had any incidents regarding the plates on the 01. In the current political environment do you think I am at significant risk using these plates insofar as vandalism? I used to think, but never got a chance to prove it, that if an officer stopped me (given that many have been in the military) that it might be an advantage. In any case I am proud of the plates and that I have an earned right to posses them, not to mention that they represent all military services now in harms way. I'm just not sure whether to put them on the new car.

I am generally opposed to vanity plates but these are fairly low key. Should I keep them or go vanilla?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Keep them. You earned the right to get them. Don't let the ignorant smear your pride. The reason those lightweights can say what they want to is because of all the people who served in the military. When we are in the service we can not choose which campaigns we wish to participate in. We must follow the chain of command or there is chaos.

No one will bother your car, and the Cops may very well cut you a break when they have discretion.

Used to be an RM3 myself. Dit-Dah!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E320 Bluetec
Use them with pride, MARINE!

Semper Fi!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I have to agree. Be proud of what you earned. Don't let others diminish it.

P.S.
I wish that Barry45RPM would finally graduate to 33s.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
I have to agree. Be proud of what you earned. Don't let others diminish it.

P.S.
I wish that Barry45RPM would finally graduate to 33s.

Too many bad songs on a 331/3... 1st & last cuts on each side are good. The rest crap! CDs are filled with crap! "Previously Unreleased" cuts? More like previously unreleaseable! But they work well as coasters. AHHhhhh, the past! When I was thin, had hair, and girlfriends that would!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Absolutely keep those plates ! I hope people occasionally thank you for your service.

From the day after I left the Air Force ( Vietnam era), not one person has ever thanked me until this past Memorial Day weekend, when I met the Thunderbirds. When I mentioned to one of them that I flew back then, he said those words.
It didn't occur to me until the next day that he was the first person to ever say that. So, now I say it to you.

Thank you for your service !!