E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Smart Key on Ebay - will dealer reprogramme?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 mercedes-benz e320 4matic
Originally Posted by scottster77
oempartsdirect.. best service! good price.. smart key is about $114 and the blade key is about $4.. and shipping fed ex is about $10.. i think.. so bringing the total to $128... from what i can remember.. the key looks freaking awesome... look through the smart key thread for the part number.. i really don't have it off hand...

DO NOT PURCHASE USED KEYS ON EBAY... DEALERS WILL NOT REPROGRAM'
EVEN IF SELLER ON EBAY SAY THEY CAN.. DEALERS WON'T! or CAN'T...
WATCH OUT FOR SHADY EBAYERS!
I know this is old just wanted to share I got one key with my 04 e320 so dealer wanted 400 and ebay ypu have to send your esl and key 320 I waited got mine done 2 months back 150 and came to house look on market place this guy was just getting into field came to house gave me new key and cut the spare it's a bootleg key but workes perfect no difference 150 total very satisfied only difference is the circle us vlack instead of mercedes emblem
Old 05-14-2024, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 mercedes-benz e320 4matic
Originally Posted by scottster77
oempartsdirect.. best service! good price.. smart key is about $114 and the blade key is about $4.. and shipping fed ex is about $10.. i think.. so bringing the total to $128... from what i can remember.. the key looks freaking awesome... look through the smart key thread for the part number.. i really don't have it off hand...

DO NOT PURCHASE USED KEYS ON EBAY... DEALERS WILL NOT REPROGRAM'
EVEN IF SELLER ON EBAY SAY THEY CAN.. DEALERS WON'T! or CAN'T...
WATCH OUT FOR SHADY EBAYERS!
Originally Posted by Moviela
I was curious to see if a key could be reprogrammed. I did a teardown and cost analysis. It costs about $ 8. to buy the components. The RF and infrared comunications systems used standard parts, but were rather elegant in their execution. The induction power supply was particularly well done. The company that makes the main processor was not sharing the details of the IC for security reasons. That was my invitation to x-ray the chip to see what was going on inside. There is a simple but effective barrier to reprogramming the processor. The memory is a small scratchpad that is programed once by fusable links. The first time you put the data in the chip, a current is passed through selected links vaporizing the wire. There is no way to "repair" the link. Once the key is programmed, it wil fit only one EIS (Electronic Ignition System), and only if the EIS has been programmed to accept the key. If you lose a key the EIS can be told to ignore that key.

My advice is to buy a new key from a forum sponsor. You will need to supply proof of ownership, and have the new key added to the EIS in your car.
this guy Def knows his stuff. I went on fb market place had a rookie locksmith come to house gave me key and cut spare and program 150 workes perfect. Also I checked out his equipment it over 5k the autel he has so it's worth it. I have not noticed difference does everthing og key does it is a little slower though lol I am in Philadelphia PA if anybody needs key any model I intro my guy he comes to ypu and pay when he done might be 200 now I got him few months back so he raised price a little