E55 AMG exhaust on an E500 **pics**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
sweet!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Thanks for all of the comments guys. I'm extremely pleased with the way it looks and sounds. It's just a bit throatier at startup but doesn't sound too different during normal driving. But at wide open throttle it sounds great.

I'll try to get some sound clips up before weeks end.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
Big props to you for having the ***** to pull that mod off. Looks real good.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Torquey55
Big props to you for having the ***** to pull that mod off. Looks real good.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM

2003 E500
I think it looks terrible. You should take that exhaust off immediately and sell it to me. I'm playing, of course, it looks good.

Are you going to get a more free flowing intake? Does make it sound better at WOT?

Also, I noticed that you have Dynamic seats as well. Are those the seats that come on the AMGs?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by JDM_SXE-10
I think it looks terrible. You should take that exhaust off immediately and sell it to me. I'm playing, of course, it looks good.

Are you going to get a more free flowing intake? Does make it sound better at WOT?

Also, I noticed that you have Dynamic seats as well. Are those the seats that come on the AMGs?
The sound is a little throatier at startup and idle. Normal driving doesn't sound too much different but there is a little bit more bass tone to it. But wide open throttle is where the smiles come. It sounds fantastic, in my opinion. I'll be taking some sound clips soon and I'll post them up.

I'm toying with the idea of an ECU tune and free flowing filters. But I haven't decided if I'm ready to fork over 850.00 for 25 RWHP yet. I might though because I have a modding addiction so we'll see.

As for the dynamic seats, they're not the same as the AMG ones but the dynamic part of it is the same. Meaning, I didn't buy AMG seats and put them in my car. My model year had dynamic as an option with a massage feature too. And I love them!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 PM

E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
The sound is a little throatier at startup and idle. Normal driving doesn't sound too much different but there is a little bit more bass tone to it. But wide open throttle is where the smiles come. It sounds fantastic, in my opinion. I'll be taking some sound clips soon and I'll post them up.

I'm toying with the idea of an ECU tune and free flowing filters. But I haven't decided if I'm ready to fork over 850.00 for 25 RWHP yet. I might though because I have a modding addiction so we'll see.

As for the dynamic seats, they're not the same as the AMG ones but the dynamic part of it is the same. Meaning, I didn't buy AMG seats and put them in my car. My model year had dynamic as an option with a massage feature too. And I love them!
hey benzo, do you happen to know if you only put free flowing filters, how many HP you would get? also hows it going with the cat and resonator removal?
c.

Last edited by christiaan; 10-04-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by christiaan
hey benzo, do you happen to know if you only put free flowing filters, how many HP you would get? also hows it going with the cat and resonator removal?
c.

I think the filters only had a few HP, 5hp at the most. But in conjunction with an ECU tune, I think it will add more.

I haven't done the cat or resonator deletes yes. Between my 2 year old and my golf schedule, I haven't been able to fit it in yet? Plus it sounds pretty damn good the way it is, so I'm in no hurry now.

Plus my tires are getting so damn loud right now that it's driving me nuts. That's what happens when you lower your car, put on staggered wheels with directional tires. You can't rotate them and they wear uneven. I get about 6K miles out of a set before they get so loud they drive me bonkers. I'm getting ready to put my stock 17's back on for the fall/winter so I may just end up waiting till Spring to do the cats and resonator.

We'll see. I've got the mod bug pretty bad as you can from my list of mods. It seems I can't go a month without doing something to my car. **sigh**
Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 PM

'06 SL65
Looks Great!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by LIONHEAD
Looks Great!
*sigh* Taking off your cats? If you must, spend the money on a high flow cat...I just dont think it is worth it when considering the toll on the environment.