E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Some opinions PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some opinions PLEASE

I am ordering my car today and looking for some opinions on the following color choices-they will all be on a e500 with the sport package. So....

Plat blue with ash interior
Bril silver with ash
Pewter w stone.

Looking for some opinions...
Old 11-01-2002, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
MHO

I know there are many many great looking color combinations....those you listed are some of them.

But, just from past experience, I will never again get a light or even medium leather interior.

Current vehicle has "oak" interior (light brown/tan). Leather. But if I put *anything* non-soft on it, it gets damaged. I put a bag of dog food on it, and now I have a yellow stripe that isn't easily rubbing out from where it slid as I was making a corner. I had a cardboard box (lightly dusty) and it too left a stripe that isn't coming out very easily.

Just a thought...Dark leather=easy to keep looking good.

EDJ
Old 11-01-2002, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Ditto on that one.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:13 PM

Do you mean that dark equals charcoal???
Old 11-01-2002, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
IMO, charcoal will be the easiest by far to keep it new.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:37 PM

2012 CLS63
Ask 1,000 people what the best color combinations are and you will get 1,000 different answers. It is just too subjective. I have heard from the oldtime MB salesmen that the classic colors to get are black/tan or silver/black. Apparently those are the easiest to sell as used cars.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:46 PM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
Well, I am certainly prejudiced as I have Pewter/Stone and prefer it to the other choices. (See my separate posting with pix). My second choice would be the Platinum (for me with Stone). The Brilliant Silver is fabulous too, but not my first choice.

I think the first issue is your taste. What do you like the best? That should be the end of the decision.

Ruling out a light interior for cleanliness or a dark interior because it is hotter is not an option for me. Looking at a "clean looking" dark interior on which I compromised for ease of keeping clean for the duration of my ownership would be hell compared to looking at the dirt on a light interior I love (or, perish the thought, compared to keeping it clean). Likewise, being cooler on a light interior for the duration of ownership would be hell compared to the short discomfort of waiting for the dark seats I might love to cool down with the A/C (on our '03 SL500 we have the active ventilated seats in charcoal so it's no problem-MB thinks of everything!!).

By way of disclaimer, we have no children or dogs now. But it never motivated an interior choice in the past. I have had a light ash interior on my '99CLK for 3 1/2 years and have no problem.

Get what moves you and makes you happy to see it every day!!!

Trending Topics

Old 11-01-2002, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i think stone is a great interior color....you are getting a 55-70 thousand dollar car, i hope you would take care of it, and if you do, you should have no problems with keeping it clean, plus there are many products that help keep it clean....for exterior, i know you didnt state this color, but obs blk, or flat blk really look good with the stone interior, go to the thread my car!!! if you havent and go to the last 6 pages and you will see a lot of interior and exterior pics
Old 11-01-2002, 03:12 PM

2012 CLS63
Whoever said a black interior is the easiest to keep clean has never owned a black interior. I presently have an E55 with black leather and the black birdseye maple. It dosen't hide any dirt save and except a black pen mark!
Old 11-01-2002, 06:17 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
I have seen pewter/stone, pewter/charcoal, and plat/stone all side by side at the same dealership on the same day. My choice would be pewter/charcoal from these 3, it has a very sexy/sporty look. The stone color, IMHO, is a little more on the "yellow" side than the brown/tan side.

I am still a little hesitant on the charcoal interior, I have never owned a dark interior. For me, I like the ash interior the best and the pewter exterior the best, but I don't think they will go that well together, because the pewter has a "brown" tone to it, not a "gray" tone. I like plat/ash also, but my wife thinks we will get tired of the blue pretty quickly.

Right now, in order of preference for me is pewter/charcoal, plat/ash, silver/ash. The silver/ash combo is probably the best combo if you really like a silver exterior (i find it a little too "common" on MBZ). We have told our dealer pewter/charcoal, but we have time to change until the car is ready for build.

Apurva
Old 11-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Almost a Member!

---------------
Ask 1,000 people what the best color combinations are and you will get 1,000 different answers.
---------------

I agree. Color is a very personal thing. IMO, they all look great except the on black maple on/stone(I saw one and just not my type). As long as you feel like it It's the best color combination.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:31 PM

2004 E500
Yup, color combos is certainly personal. It took me quite awhile to decide on Charcoal since I have never owned a dark interior. But after sitting in a silver/charcoal for a half-hour blast of a test drive (my seventh, i think), I decided that charcoal was more of a "personality contrast" for the car that the lighter colors.

What I mean by that is this car really rocks when driven; there is nothing quite like oit on the road. So going with the more traditional black seemed to quiet me down a bit when in the car. Keeping the car clean was also a concern, but I agree that you should keep a $60-70k car clean anyway!

But that was my decision-making process. And if I had to agonize through it again, I'd probably end up with another combo!

It really is just a balancing act.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:07 PM

W211 & Q7
ask your half about colors

your eyes may not agree with your partner's taste but

your ears definitely can enjoy the harman kardon surround sound from 12 speakers instead of the true fidelity sound from a single high volume speaker while you are driving.

all your choices are very good -- they are no differces if you drive a car at nights. so get opinions from your half.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:16 PM

2004 E500
Actually Otto, I'm now listening to my Cambridge Soundworks sound system hooked-up to my PC, which generates only a mere 150W (powered subwoofer and satellites)

But you're right - give the HK sound system any day and let the wife decide the right hues.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:20 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
I found that when I don't listen to my wife, the echos of "I told you so" ring much louder in my head for a longer time...