Old 11-01-2002, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Ray's When, what are the headlines??

When?????????????
Old 11-01-2002, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB E500
Today was my normal sales rep's day off. I spoke to his assistant twice. The computer shows it has been put on a truck but they did not get it again today! Unless it comes early tomorrow morning, I know into next week. What a mess. How they cannot know exactly where every car is with today's technology is just beyond me. I only live about 1.5 hours from the port and it's taken most of this week to get it here! No choice but to keep waiting. My rep will be in tomorrow. I'll call him and see what's going on.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
wow, thats sucks...
Old 11-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Almost a Member!

-----------------------------
The computer shows it has been put on a truck but they did not get it again today! Unless it comes early tomorrow morning, I know into next week. What a mess. How they cannot know exactly where every car is with today's technology is just beyond me.
---------------------------
At this point, I think lojack works better than Tele-aid. Just need to actived it and you will know where your car is in no time.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Ray:

This is disgusting. I would worry about the quality of the dealership. You say that you talked with salesman's assistant.

You should try the General manager or Sales Manager and go around your salesman. A good salesman could locate that car without too much trouble. It is a matter of caring. He figures he is going to get his commission pretty anyway so why worry.

Is that the only dealership in a reasonable distance? If not call the other and see what they have. You have every reason to cancel your order.

I would sure call the manager and tell him you found another one and that you want to cancel this one.

What a crock. Time to "GROW TEETH"....not a time to be a nice guy. You have every reason to get ugly. Do it.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:27 AM

2003 MB E500
My dealer is supposed to call me this morning so I'll see what is going on today. The other night when he called at 8:00 PM, the Manger was in the office with him so that may not help much. I've tried to be nice so far because they can't control when the car get to them but they should at least be able to tell me where it is and why I don't have it yet!
Old 11-02-2002, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
They may not control delivery of the car. They do control the information they give you. I remember they have told you at least 3 times that they had the car and would get it to you by a certain time.

They can find the truck with the car on it if they make some phone calls to the distribution center or whatever and tell them it is important.....they just choose not to. It is easier to just bounce you around because you are being a nice guy.

I really would call the other dealer and see what they have. They may have your car!!!

Didn't you say there was another dealer close by? Maybe you could get a better deal than MSRP now.

At lease get the satifaction of telling them you are going to cancel and make them try a little harder.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:14 AM

2004 E500
Thumbs down

Originally posted by rayscar
What a mess. How they cannot know exactly where every car is with today's technology is just beyond me.
I completely agree that with their NetStar system which has been so prominently promoted within Information Systems circles, they should have much better exposure to a car's location, and therefore be able to accurately communicate it to their most valuable asset - you, the customer.

Here's a sample of the crap that their system development partners have been feeding to the media about this system.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
All of this BS is even more disgusting after reading that article.
Does the technology described exist? If so how can the run around some of us are getting happen.

We all know about the continued misinformation that rayscar is getting.

I am still being told a different story about my car every couple of days. It is shipped....no maybe not....now it is shipped.....well we are not sure....then"good news your car is shipped". I haven't gotten a "maybe not " for the last week so maybe it is on the water.

The point is I don't have a clue or any confidence in anything they tell me. Many other stories on this thread like this.

How about it some of you dealers on this thread......does the system described in the link on madmanaboutown's link exist?

If it does why can't the dealers just tell us where and when the car is due? We can all wait (we might not like it) but to be told something and have our expectations raised is disgusting.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:59 AM

2004 E500
Apparently it does exist... but it sounds like these dealerships either don't have it implemented or don't care to use it. I agree that it's disgusting for them to jerk us around with delivery dates and other BS when they should have the facts right in front of them.

I mean, it FedEx, UPS, etc. can track millions of packages on a daily basis while giving consumers access to where the pqackage is since the last scan, wouldn't you think that M-B would want to do the same with such expensive "packages"???

BTW, etenn - a few more posts and you're a MEMBER !
Old 11-02-2002, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
There are some Dealers posting on this Forum.

How about giving us the "scoop" on the touted system of tracking. The article said that the object was to give the customer up to date information they can rely on. We sure are not seeing that.

Ed
Old 11-02-2002, 11:19 AM

2003 MB E500
Well here is the latest in the saga. This time its good news. My car is here, its been prepped, and I pick it up at noon today! When I talked to the dealer today, he said it did come in yesterday but they didn't want to get my hopes up for today because of the other miscues. Something doesn't seem right. I spoke to them late yesterday afternoon and was told it was not there. Either they didn't tell me the truth to "avoid getting my hopes up", or my car got bumped for someone else to take delivery. I know they didn't have guys prepping my car last night so I could have it today!

In any case it's over now. I will try to get pictures posted today. The rain has even stopped here and it's a sunny day today. Ed I hope you get good news too soon. Hang in there.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:27 AM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
rayscar:

Good luck and happy driving. Sometimes what you have gone through to get something (someone) is the best part of the story you will tell everyone later when you are explaining how wonderful it is. There will be many laughs because you will be thrilled with the E500. Enjoy and share your fun with us.

Jeff
Old 11-02-2002, 11:33 AM

2013 S550
Congratulations, Rayscar! Once you have your car, it's easier to put the trial of the wait out of your mind!
Old 11-02-2002, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
It is now 11:45 your time (8:45 in Seattle). You must be at the dealers now.

After all this, I sure hope that they got it prepped right for you so you can enjoy the weekend. Perfect that it is a sunny day.

Have fun this weekend.

Ed
Old 11-02-2002, 12:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Congrats Rayscar, dealer said mine will be at their location tuesday or wed ! can't wait
Old 11-02-2002, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Congratulatiions Rays, just make sure when you get home that at least we can see a couple of nice pics.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally posted by muhri2
Congrats Rayscar, dealer said mine will be at their location tuesday or wed ! can't wait
I hope you have a lot better luck than Ray. Better to get ready for misinformation and then maybe the dissappointment will be less if it doesn't show up as they promise.

Good luck....we'll keep tabs on your delivery. Let us know how it is going.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
etenn, boy was I mis-informed before Ray did. I was told that my car was on a ship when it wasn't. My car was scheduled for 2nd decade of August production and wasn't shipped till after mid-october. Cars that other people had ordered for september production are already here and mine just hit the docks and the prep center. thats how mis-informed I was... Anyhow, we'll see if the car comes from their prep center soon enough.. I wont keep my hopes high though.. I have ordered on June 8th. I don't expect to pick it up before Nov. 8th. whew 5 months of waiting guys.. from what I can tell Ray said it was well worth the wait so i'm sure I'll end up saying the same thing ;-)
Old 11-03-2002, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
It is a familiar story to a lot of us. I was expecting mine around the first....was told it was shipped and getting near dock.

Now I am told that it will be the 14th...can't find out if that means the 14th for the ship to dock in LA or at the VPC or here in Seattle.

Oh well, I will just wait. (Not gracefully or with a great deal of class, but I will wait).

I decided to go to Las Vegas Tomorrow through the 8th so that will help with some of the waiting time.

Good luck this week. I sure hope that they have the information correct for you.

ED
Old 11-03-2002, 05:10 PM

2012 CLS63
muhri2, what country are you in that you can get the real Sport (AMG ) Option?