Euro Comand installed But....:(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
S500 W223 2021
Unhappy Euro Comand installed But....:(

Hi Guys,

I just installed from APS50 to Euro Command in my 2003 E500, the installation was easy but I notice the following which made me disappointed if someone can advise the solutions:

1.The APS50 has two cables, one for the fiber optic and the other blue one don’t know its what for, however in the Euro command I cannot plug in it as the hole is not the same.

2.After installing I notice that the Phone is not working !.

3.While playing CD Audio , the track not appearing the in instrument cluster, however the Radio station RDS is appear perfectly. !

4.while playing the DVD , I try to unlock to play in motion, but I notice that the DVD desk ejected and the DVD Play stopped working at all.

Kindly advise in regarding this issue.

Pictures attached.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails Euro Comand installed But....:(-dsc00880.jpg   Euro Comand installed But....:(-dsc00877.jpg   Euro Comand installed But....:(-dsc00879.jpg   Euro Comand installed But....:(-dsc00878.jpg   Euro Comand installed But....:(-dsc00882.jpg  

Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
Not sure about the rest, but the one on the picture that has the blue plug looks like the GPS antenna, it does not plug into the head unit, could be there for the eurpean unit that has GPS. The socket you have it next to on the head unit is for the aux plug cable, I bought one from my dealer and use it with an ipod. The CD tracks on the display on mine only display Track 1, Track 2, etc, not the name. If the CD has text it will display it on the screen of the unit, but not on the MFD.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:23 AM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by tashakes
Not sure about the rest, but the one on the picture that has the blue plug looks like the GPS antenna, it does not plug into the head unit, could be there for the eurpean unit that has GPS. The socket you have it next to on the head unit is for the aux plug cable, I bought one from my dealer and use it with an ipod. The CD tracks on the display on mine only display Track 1, Track 2, etc, not the name. If the CD has text it will display it on the screen of the unit, but not on the MFD.

Hi Tashakes...

Thanks for sharing me your experience.. well in regarding the display note that the MFD is blank with not text even track 1 or etc..

however i try to swtich on the phone which is nokia as the device switched on however the comand gave me its off and unable to work .

also regarding the GPS antena cable the blue one where i must connect it, not that no hole in the euro comand avilable just the FOC cable and external AUX.

Please advise

Regards
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Originally Posted by Tariq
Hi Tashakes...

Thanks for sharing me your experience.. well in regarding the display note that the MFD is blank with not text even track 1 or etc..

however i try to swtich on the phone which is nokia as the device switched on however the comand gave me its off and unable to work .

also regarding the GPS antena cable the blue one where i must connect it, not that no hole in the euro comand avilable just the FOC cable and external AUX.

Please advise

Regards
Don't worry about connecting the blue GPS cable to your COMAND unit. That connector is only used if you have APS50. Just strap the cable down somewhere so that it doesn't rattle around.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:47 PM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by murman
Don't worry about connecting the blue GPS cable to your COMAND unit. That connector is only used if you have APS50. Just strap the cable down somewhere so that it doesn't rattle around.
Hi Murman, hope everthing running ok with you, well thanks for informing me about the blue cable, therefore how about appearing the track # in the MDF and turning the mobile phone if possible.

Regards
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Track number: I think that you may need to have the dealer upgrade your vehicle's software, but am not certain. I seem to recall having that done, but am not 100% sure.

Phone: can't help you. Sorry.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by murman
Track number: I think that you may need to have the dealer upgrade your vehicle's software, but am not certain. I seem to recall having that done, but am not 100% sure.

Phone: can't help you. Sorry.

DVD is working fine now... even the telephone become ok but when i resart the comand its getting off!!!..

One more think Murman if you have an idea about it.... its regarding the unlock the video in motion, i follow the instruction that written in a threed here which tells to press service + Mute + hung phone, therefore the Engineer screen is not appearing.. do you have the way on how to show the engineer display to unlock the video in motion.

Regards
Old 10-22-2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tariq
DVD is working fine now... even the telephone become ok but when i resart the comand its getting off!!!..

One more think Murman if you have an idea about it.... its regarding the unlock the video in motion, i follow the instruction that written in a threed here which tells to press service + Mute + hung phone, therefore the Engineer screen is not appearing.. do you have the way on how to show the engineer display to unlock the video in motion.

Regards
Can't help you. I've heard that the engineering display cannot be accessed using codes anymore. Apparently, you'd have to get the option changed at the dealer, if they'll do it at all.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
the blue cable is the GPS navigation antenna cable. The comand system you upgraded to has a separate nav drive in the trunk where that cable should be routed to. If you are having any intermittant issues as you describe, the software on the audio gateway should be updated first and see if the problem persists.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:05 AM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by sunil @ motorwerks
the blue cable is the GPS navigation antenna cable. The comand system you upgraded to has a separate nav drive in the trunk where that cable should be routed to. If you are having any intermittant issues as you describe, the software on the audio gateway should be updated first and see if the problem persists.
Hi Sunil

Thanks for your advise, note that the blue cable which shows is under the dashbord and was connected to APS50 Audio and when i install the Comand 2.0 it was unable to connect that blue cable because no hole that fit in it. only AUX cable and FOC cable.

However in regarding the software, how i can get that? Do i must visit the dealer to upgrade it ? dose it requier CDs to install or DAS ?

Regards
Old 10-24-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by sunil @ motorwerks
I don't think that this blue GPS cable can be rerouted to the rear of the car to connect to the external NAV DVD unit. IIRC, the GPS antenna for the APS50 is situated under the instrument cluster cowling (not on the back roof of the car), and thus the cable is only long enough to reach the head unit.