Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 06:42 PM
wow
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Sound System Got Glitches on E500

For the first time today, I experienced difficulty with my HK sound system. Nothing would work (cd, radio, cassette) The only thing that came up was the "Mercedes Benz".

I stopped the car, turned off the ignition, waited for about 5 minutes, turned the engine back on. Everything worked again.

I thought someone had the same problem and posted here. If you could spare some information regarding as to why and whether or not you got it fix, I would greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old 11-04-2002, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
hey chris, same thing happened to us yesterday, we were drving home from somewhere, and the only thing that came up as the mb thing....and the 6 cd changer couldnt pop up, and the lights for the hk werent working, it was a 20 min drive, and when we got home, we turned off engine with keyless go, and then started it up with the key, and it worked fine, i dunno what happened
Old 11-05-2002, 10:03 AM

'03 Mercedes E320
Re:Radio problem

Same here: MB screen, no CD deck opener, at delivery! Another trait is that Tele-Aid and the phone also are out of service. The techs checked everything, no error codes were shown. Then it begain working after about 5 minutes and a restart.

It happened again 2 days later, I did a stop, key removal, start, and all was well. I called the MB 800 number and got a call back from a gentleman in the center who has an E500 as his assigned car and he told me the same thing had happened to him. He had reported it as a possible software problem, and confirmed that a key removal stop/start should cure it. He believed it had to do with the boot sequence and the specific control module not coming on line due to a startup timing issue.

In 4 weeks, it has not recurred but on day 7 they did install a new central gateway control module because of an SRS/Tele-Aid error malfunction, and the dealer had to do some manual programming at that time. It may or may not be related. I'm very happy with the car, notwithstanding.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:22 AM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Same here

Originally posted by wow
For the first time today, I experienced difficulty with my HK sound system. Nothing would work (cd, radio, cassette) The only thing that came up was the "Mercedes Benz".

I stopped the car, turned off the ignition, waited for about 5 minutes, turned the engine back on. Everything worked again.

I thought someone had the same problem and posted here. If you could spare some information regarding as to why and whether or not you got it fix, I would greatly appreciated.
Chris
Yes, that was me: I did have the same happen twice. Both times, just turning off the entire car and turning on again cleared it.

I called MB on the radio system and they just said "one of the 20 computers hung up, just restart your car". I am assuming, of course, that the safety-critical computers will NOT hang up!

Michael