E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Deleting Spoken Name from Phonebook Entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deleting Spoken Name from Phonebook Entry

I have am '07 E350 with Voice Command. I use the Bluetooth gizmo with my Blackberry phone which downloads the phonebook to the car fine. I have two phonebook entries for which I have added spoken names to dial through Voice Command. For some reason, Voice Command constantly confuses the two so I thought I would just delete the one I use the least. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove a spoken name from a phonebook entry.

I tried simply removing the phonebook entry altogether but it just does not remove. Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that the phonebook is downloaded from the Blackberry.

Anyone out there who can help?

P.S.: I have looked in the general purpose Command manual and it doesn't have any instructions on doing this. I know there is a separate Voice Command manual out there but I don't have it.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:44 AM

2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
Your BB phonebook is uploaded to COMAND each time a bluetooth connection is made. It is not held in COMAND. So, I think if you deleted the 2nd entry from your BB it should not show on COMAND the next time your phone and car connect.

I think this is right.
jim
Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I use a phone in cradle set up, and have noticed that when I record a spoken name thru comand for a given number, that recorded name is stored in comand, so the spoken name must be deleted thru comand (not the phone). I lave had this name confusion when the spoken names are too similar sounding, in rhythm or syllables also.

I believe the instruction for Comand to erase the voice dial comand is to say: "Delete Name" and it will ask you which one, or something like that. To get the exact comand, switch to your phone app on Comand, push the phone book soft key, go to the person's phone book screen entry, pull the VCA stick & say "Help Phone"... it will give you the list of available comands... one of them deletes the voice dial for the name you want to clear. The you can enter a new voice comand for that person's phone book entry using their last name also so there's no more similarity.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:16 AM

Thanks Barry. Worked like a charm.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I have the VCA Manual in PDF format at my office. I'll send it to you after the holiday. When you get it print out the back cover & give it to your dealer & have hime get it for you. It should have been supplied to you with your car. (My '07 arrived without it too.)

Did you know you can say "MAP" & it will switch to the map on comand ?(If you have NAVI).
Old 11-22-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1972 280SE 4.5
Barry,

Thanks for the tip bud!!! I didn't know... Now, if only we could make the darn navigation voice-activated!!!

Jose
Old 11-25-2007, 08:52 PM

That's great Barry. I would appreciate it if you would send me the manual.
Thanks again.