2005 E500 AMG Sport Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
2005 E500 AMG Sport Package

Hi,

after reading much info. on this forum and PMing with a few owners, I decided to buy a 2005 E500 RWD. It has 32K miles and has the AMG premium, and lighting packages. First off, I test drove a 2004 AWD E500 and the above. Both were great, but the AMG package sold me. What's confusing is that both have premium packages, yet the '05 does not have the ventilated seats. From my research here, I bel. the ventilated seats was no longer part of the Premium package in '05, but was offered as a stand alone option.

I have "sport" written on the shifter, and on the outside fender areas. I also have "MB" written on the front calipers. But from my readings here, the AMG
package has the 18" rims plus body kit. (looks only). Is there such a thing as a SPORT & AMG package for the '05 E500? Bec. every '05 E500 had airmatic, I know that's not the sport option. So if there is a sport option for the '05 E500, what did it include? Are "MB" logo calipers standard on all E500's? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BTW, I pick her up Wed. and thanks to everyone for this forum!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by gnma
Hi,

after reading much info. on this forum and PMing with a few owners, I decided to buy a 2005 E500 RWD. It has 32K miles and has the AMG premium, and lighting packages. First off, I test drove a 2004 AWD E500 and the above. Both were great, but the AMG package sold me. What's confusing is that both have premium packages, yet the '05 does not have the ventilated seats. From my research here, I bel. the ventilated seats was no longer part of the Premium package in '05, but was offered as a stand alone option.

I have "sport" written on the shifter, and on the outside fender areas. I also have "MB" written on the front calipers. But from my readings here, the AMG
package has the 18" rims plus body kit. (looks only). Is there such a thing as a SPORT & AMG package for the '05 E500? Bec. every '05 E500 had airmatic, I know that's not the sport option. So if there is a sport option for the '05 E500, what did it include? Are "MB" logo calipers standard on all E500's? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BTW, I pick her up Wed. and thanks to everyone for this forum!

I have an 05 E500 with the AMG package. It comes with everything you described above, along with a dual AMG exhaust system. My car has the sport badges on the gear shift and outside fenders also.

I believe there was another sport package available as an option, but it had different wheels and body add-ons. The dealer could give you more info on this.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Tks. Yep, I have the dual AMG exhaust too. (Car looks so hot esp. with the rims/tires and front air dam)! The dealer said the "MB" logo front calipers are the same as the AWD E500 versions. Is there no suspension, brake, steering tweaks to the '05 AMG Sport package? It was a $5K option back in '05.

Is there an '05 E500 RWD brochure available online? I'd like to learn the tech. specs. of the car. (I read the E500 has 4 piston calipers up front).

Also the turning radius of this car is AMAZING! Tks. again.

2 more days to delivery....