E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Valet Curbed My Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 320
Originally Posted by Esleeper
If it were me I would just identify the valet and watch which car he gets into after his shift. Then take your frustration out on his car and write in soap on his windsheild " learn how to park a car a**hole".
I hope you are kidding about this. That would be just a COWARD move!! The valet guy obviously did not bend your wheel intentionally and mistakes are a human factor. Plus if you have a problem with a person take it up with them, don't take it out on a defenseless car that did not do anything to you. That's just lowering yourself to a COWARD LEVEL. That's just my 2 cents.

So I say you should take it to court. My Business Law teacher was saying that those notices behind the valet tickets are BS that the company is liable for what ever happens to a car while in their possession. Plus when I used to work at a hotel once a valet accidently drove a car into a ditch and the hotel paid the car in full. Also a guest who was playing golf at the hotel broke another guest's car windshield with a golf ball and the hotel ended being liable and paid for the windshield. Also one of my buddies who worked at the valet accidently left the sunroof open on a brand new Land Rover and that night it happen to rain in the middle of summer (Bad Luck) So the hotel paid for all damages. So what I"m trying to say is that THEY SHOULD PAY FOR YOUR NEW WHEEL!!! They provided that service option that's why your wheel got bent. If they didn't offer the service the wheel would have never gotten bent!!!

But I'm really sorry and I can feel your pain. I would hate to have a wheel bended by someone else. Good Luck.....
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
Why would it take 8 MONTHS to remove fraud charges? They are gone instantly. There is obviously more to your story you're not telling us.

Also, based on your "revenue" solution, there is most likely more to the story.

Lastly, the valet who did it probably parks dozens of cars and doesn't even remember doing it. The valet company should be held responsible, not some high school grad earning minimum wage.

Originally Posted by Esleeper
I had to chase my wifes credit card co. a few years back for $435 in fraudulent charges. It took 8 months to resolve and was a total pain.

It looks like thats a rear wheel he curbed.

What does a new wheel cost? Tire?

If it were me I would just identify the valet and watch which car he gets into after his shift. Then take your frustration out on his car and write in soap on his windsheild " learn how to park a car a**hole".

You won't get your money back and an attorney and or your time will cost more than a new tire and wheel.

Trust me the vigilante revenge scenario works wonders and will make you feel great that you got him back.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:04 PM

2021 E450 4matic
That is the worst. Worse almost than the *******s who bang their door into yours in parking spaces.

Last year in my Audi, parked in a garage. When I picked it up, the front and rear bumpers were all gouged and even cracked, and had obviously been hit in the front causing the rear to hit a column. $2,000 in damage. They tried that BS with me about the "we are not responsible for...." I caught them then and there, took pictures, took pictures of the "monthly" cars with padding all around them (for obvious reasons), DEMANDED a report and wouldn't leave till they gave me one. Demanded the Manager. and was about to call the police (not that NYPD would have come). All that led the guy to say (unknowingly into my recording phone) that "we'll take care of it" after of course the argument that it was there already, blah blah blah. A week later, he never called of course. I called him back played his own voice "we'll take care of it" and threatened legal action. Within a week their insurance adjustor checked the car and paid every nickel.

The trick is to inspect it everytime you get your car. All those "we are not reponsible" signs and tickets are pure BS in the hope that your drop itYou look like a loon, but you do have recourse at that moment. The minute you leave, that's that. I look like an idiot according to my wife obviously inspecting the car when I drop it off and pick it up, but I got paid. I'd rather look like an idiot with $2k to fix my car than not look like one and feel like one.

Tipping them when you drop it off also helps.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
+1

The key is not leaving the scene until you have a written (or recorded) agreement that they are responsible and will rectify the situation.

Did you file a BBB report? That has helped me in the past, but for a valet it may be meaningless.

Best of luck to you.