E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sport Pkg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Honda Accord EX V6
Sport Pkg

How many of you who have your new E, or waiting for delivery, have opted for the sport package? Does the black birdseye maple wood trim look good on stone or ash? Thanks!
Old 11-10-2002, 10:38 AM

Yes, I have that on order. I was somewhat concerned by looking at the pictures of the sport package interior that it would look a little too raw and "race car" like - the look the lexus i series has. But it actually has a great combination of being sporty but very classy - I fell in love with it. I ordered it with the ash interior and tectite exterior - I saw that combination on a car on the lot and it looked amazing - great fit of the black wood, chrome accents, light grey/dark grey interior panels, and white dials. Beuaty is in the eye of the beholder, but I loved it.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:53 AM

2003 E500
I have it on my E500 silver/charcoal. It looks great. It takes awhile to get used to the dark interior with the dark maple but it grows on you.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:54 AM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
I'm anticipating an E320 in brilliant silver this month with the sport package and charcoal leather. The silver, grey, black, blue tint glass and white dial color scheme seems to blend well and looks elegant. Ash/stone would work if contrast is what you seek.
It is all a matter of personal preference.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:44 PM

I'm waiting on an E500 w/ stone 'sport' interior. I've test driven a few and the black maple looks great with the stone interior!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:06 PM

01 CLK430 cab, Silver/Ash/Blk top: 2003 E500 On order Silver/Ash, Sport package
We have the Sport package on my wifes new E500, Briliant Silver with ash and the black maple with stainless accents really looks sharp. We were able to get one with the wood and leather wheel and that really ads alot in MHO. Also the feel of the wheel is sharp. I have an 01 CLK cab Br Silver, black top ash interior it is the 430- model so came with the black birds eye and I like the look in it also. Although I have the leather steering wheel in it and really do prefer the wood & leather if it is available to you.

We really like this new ride. My wife is not one to get too excited with material things and especially cars and she really thinks that this one is hot!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:25 PM

I've ordered this E500 for my wife. We should be getting it any day now (built 10/25). Based on your response maybe I should look into getting the wood/leather steering wheel.

Our E500 will replace a BMW 5. We really like the look of the new W211 and can't wait to finally get it.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:39 PM

2000 Honda Accord EX V6
looks like after hearing ya'll talk 'bout the sport pkg.. and how it does look nice... i'll just see it fo myself then make my decision...thankz ya'll for replyin'
Old 11-12-2002, 01:16 AM
mco

ML430, E500
Take a good look at a sport package before ordering it. I realize it is really personal preference, however I was sure I wanted the sport package until I saw it. I liked the aluminum colored dashboard guages, but I just hated the birdseye maple. It was really dark and you could not see the grain unless you were in direct sunlight. I have seen the sport in ash,charcoal, and stone and just didn't like any. I thought ash looked the best of the three

For me the walnut just has a rich and warm feel to it. I really wish you could pick and choose as I really like the rims better on the sport as well. I was concerned that the brushed aluminum around the shifter would show scratches easily as well.

In any event just make sure you sit in it before you order.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:00 AM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
I decided on the sport package for my E 500 because I liked the interior accents. The white instument cluster and brushed chrome shift gate do dress up the interior. The black maple is different, everything I've ever had has burled walnut. The wheels wouldn't be my first choice but are ok. For anyone who already has their car, did any of yours have Michelin tires? I hate Continentals and if mine comes with them I am having them changed to Michelin Pilot Sports.

William Gardner