E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MotorWeek clip for download

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 E320 Sedan
The file is ~98mb and 6 min 58 seconds. The review was at the beginning of the show. The first 1 minute was intro and "commercials" the rest was on the E. I simply stopped it at the end of the review and didn't cut anything out.

The interior is shown starting at 05:21 to 06:20.

Glad to know that most are able to watch it now. I'm still fighting to try and get this thing converted to a .mov (QuickTime) file but am having problem doing it.

**UPDATE**
I finally duplicated the viewing under narrow conditions. I've played the file several times on the same computer this morning trying to get the times for reference above and the last time I played it the screen size reduced down by about 1/3 divided among both sides. I've never seen this before so I don't have a solution for this. Very weird though. Must be something to do with the codeac.

Last edited by Jack; 11-26-2002 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
ok, ill d/l it again, but i havw a question, i dont know who knows the answer of this though. i bought a digital camera, and it came with quicktime, so i opened it or whatever, justy to have it on my computer, but now all the files that are movies or whatever that i d/l are all in quicktime format, and i hate quicktime, does anyonw know how to change it bacfk to windows media player
Old 11-26-2002, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by MadManAboutTown
You need to download the Elecard MPEG2 Player v. 2.0 beta Demo right here - just extract the contents of the .ZIP file in a temporary directory and execute the .EXE file using the defaults.

It should work then.
Thanks MMAT, downloaded the file and the MPEG worked with no problem. Thanks Jack for the Motortrend file. It was not broadcast in my location and I would never have gotten a chance to see it.

Appreciate all the effort to pass it on to us.

ED:
Old 11-26-2002, 11:03 AM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Someone said "You need to download the Elecard MPEG2 Player v. 2.0 beta" - is this an MPEG-2? If so, MPEG-1 would be half the size. Of course less qulaity also.

In any case, thanks greatly - downloading as we speak.

Michael
Old 11-26-2002, 10:06 PM

2013 S550
bmms8 - your file associations got screwed up when you installed Quicktime. You have to pay attention with any multimedia software as they each compete to be used most frequently. There is a point in the installation where you have to override the automatic and manually select only those apps you want it to run.

That said, open Windows Explorer. Go Tools>Folder Options and select the File Types tab. Here you will see a list of file extensions and the application associated with that extension. For example, scroll down to the MPG extension. Click once on it to highlight it. It should show you the application associated with it and if you want to change it, click on Change. (If you have an earlier Windows version, your dialogue may be different.) E-mail me if you have difficulty.