E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Replace front & rear brake pads for 2004 E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 year 2004
Smile Replace front & rear brake pads for 2004 E320

I am looking to change the front & rear brake pads on my 2004 E320 mercedes, does any body has a detail steps on where to start or some reference to a repair manual? do I have do anything about the computer or some resetting to do at the cluster panel? any suggestions will be appreciated.

Where is the oil and air filter are located in this car? do I have to do any setting or resetting before or after the oil change?

thanks a lot for the help
Old 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
These are very popular opics.

For brakes; search DIY brakes You will find too much info
For air filter look down about three or four posts today
For oil, again there is much discussion. Search and you will find.

Couple things.

1. The SBC system on the 30-06 cars has an automatic response to certain triggers, read up on them
2. Nothing special about air filters except number (2) and price
3. Car uses fleece filters (not ususally at Wal- MArt or AutoZone) and Euro Spec oil. Filter is right up front. Evacuate oil thru dipstick hole with a pump or
Remove ground effects pans (easy) and remove the drain plug- need new copper washer.

It is ALL in here and you won't have to work too hard for it.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
Try these:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...+brake+replace

If you have ever replaced pads, not a big deal except to unplug the SBC.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 PM

E320
1995 E320 wagon SBC

On this model do I need to unplugged the SBC connector prior to a complete brake job, rotors and pads? If so details where is this connector located please.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
I guess you do not need to but I unplugged it because I did because I sort of like to keep all my fingers and things like that. If you do not care about yours, don't unplug it.

As far as where it is at, did you look at the referenced threads? Post number 52 of this one, which you have already been pointed to, has pictures:

Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM

E320 year 2004
Smile Changing Brake pads

By just unplugging the SBC, and changing the brake pads front and back then plugge back the SBC when the job is done will it cause any screw up to the computer system or not? I saw the SBC at the passenger side of the engine is this the correct location? does anybody have a detailed location or a picture of the oil filter and all the air filters E320 2004? some of the guys said the oil filter is on the top of the engine where is it ? does it have a plastic housing because i saw something at the engine front with a plastic cover right above all the belts and close to oil filler is this the oil filter or not?

Thanks for all the help
Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
The oil filter is just to the left (driver's perspective) of the centerline of the engine. It is on the top of the motor just behind the radiator. The filter is inside of a plastic "cup" that has an odd number of sides compared to most US filter wrenches. You can get an exact fit filter wrench from e-bay for a few bucks or get a very close fit from a parts house. There are detail pictures of assembling the o rings etc in this forum. The air filters are inside of the plastic housing that sits atop of the engine. Disconnect the air box hoses, grab the housing near the spring clamps (front and rear) and the whole thing comes off the top of the engine. Careful to cover the throttle body with a clean rag. This is a direct path into the engine's internals and needs to be protected from trash and dust. The two filters are on either side inside of the housing. Again, I encourage you to spend a few minutes researching this forum. Lots of folks have gone out of their way to help. The collective knowledge stored here is invaluable to those of us that are DIY. Good Luck.