E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

mic problems with Bluetooth (help with DTB description)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY12 W212 E350
mic problems with Bluetooth (help with DTB description)

Hey Guys,

Looks like I'm still having issues with my bluetooth setup tried both cradle and puck (sold puck, still have cradle for sale if anyone interested) and bluetooth puck with pigtail (my car MY 03 W211 with EURO COMAND with engineering menu access).

Both solutions sometimes work great, called party can hear me, and I can hear them. My issue is if I exit vehicle, and pair up later on, I can make and receive calls and hear the other party with no problems, but they cannot hear me, it's like the MIC stops working. Tried this with many phones as well Blackberry, Mot Razor, Mot Q, etc all same issue.

I had the dealer upgrade my audio gateway, and still having same problem. Now they are saying I may need to upgrade my COMAND (I have a EURO COMAND and don't want to lose engineering menu access by upgrading).

Some questions:

1) Is anyone using EURO COMAND with engineering menu access enabled with their Bluetooth puck with no problems?
2) I was told that someone had same issue with MIC and dealer replaced with following DTB P-B-82.70/228b. Does anyone have a description for this DTB?
3) Anyone else have this similar problem and able to resolve?

I don't think I have a Voice Control Module since I don't have the lever in the front. Doing some research here I also found about about DTB P-B-82.70/338b which fixes issue with VCM, but since I don't have VCM don't think this will fix my problem.

Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
alf
Old 03-27-2008, 05:39 PM

'13 E550 W4
This happened to me as well. They replaced the mic modules and flashed the Tel software and I was good to go.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by alfcruiser
My issue is if I exit vehicle, and pair up later on, I can make and receive calls and hear the other party with no problems, but they cannot hear me, it's like the MIC stops working.
Have the dealer update the microphone software. This may solve your problem.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 PM

MY12 W212 E350
Thanks guys for the reply. Would you happen to have additional information you could share with me? (PM if possible)

I've had to hand hold this dealer through the entire time.

Thx,
alf