E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
S500 W223 2021
Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)

I give up to retrofit the navigation command, I upgrade from APS50 to Euro Command, I was trying to install the navigation device, the question is as you see from the photos attached, where should I connect the GPS cable to….? I try the whole ways assisting by DB (Thanks & appreciate) but still facing the problem which I cannot locate my local position in the map display.
I hope people with APS50 who upgrade to Euro command can help me.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-20080405102.jpg   Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-20080405103.jpg   Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-20080405104.jpg   Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-20080405105.jpg   Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-20080405106.jpg  

Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-20080405107.jpg  
Old 04-10-2008, 12:55 AM

S500 W223 2021
I will appreciate your help
Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Hey Tariq, did you read through all of this: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/100143-oem-navigation-retrofit-w-pics.html?

Thought it might help...
Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Hey Tariq, did you read through all of this: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100143?

Thought it might help...
I'm afraid the issue with that thread is that it is for a US car with Navi prewiring(?) while Tariq's car is one with an Audio 50 APS where COMAND APS was retrofitted, if I remember right.

I would be nice though to get close-up photos from a US car about the GPS coax at the trunk where you connect the GPS splitter. This would help Tariq identify how the GPS coax comes from the antenna, and making him sure that the rear antenna is GPS capable (I thought this was confirmed from the antenna part number). The GPS splitter should not be needed on a car without Tele-Aid but the problem really should be a working GPS antenna to be properly connected to the Navi processor. Something must be missing so far.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Hey Tariq, did you read through all of this: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100143?

Thought it might help...
Hello jimmydagreek

Well i go through that thread, and DB (member) try his best to help in solving this, but untill now i couldnt find the right answer....

Thanks any way
Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 PM

S500 W223 2021
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I'm afraid the issue with that thread is that it is for a US car with Navi prewiring(?) while Tariq's car is one with an Audio 50 APS where COMAND APS was retrofitted, if I remember right.

I would be nice though to get close-up photos from a US car about the GPS coax at the trunk where you connect the GPS splitter. This would help Tariq identify how the GPS coax comes from the antenna, and making him sure that the rear antenna is GPS capable (I thought this was confirmed from the antenna part number). The GPS splitter should not be needed on a car without Tele-Aid but the problem really should be a working GPS antenna to be properly connected to the Navi processor. Something must be missing so far.
Hello DB

Correct i upgrade from Audion APS 50 to Euro APS comand....

Well my car has the Dutch specification and i notice the parts seems diffrent than the photos in that thread, the wiers looks diffrent in colors.

before i install the Navigation processor, i notice the car came ready with the Mountin plus the harness cables & the FO wiers, also the GPS cable which not connected from two sides end with blue cable that should connected to the processor and start with a metal cable not connected , this should be connected to somewhere which is my question! , note this cable is arround half meter long.

Simply and in general the GPS cable should connected to te Navigation procesor then the other side where should i connected to??? check picture No.5 that shows the cable of GPS.

Regards
Old 04-11-2008, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
My antenna had some problems when I installed my nav, so I purchased a magnetic antenna for satellite radio with a FAKRA connector off eBay, hooked it up to the nav DVD drive directly and it worked like a charm. Before that, I could not get any satellites to connect, and after that I got 10-11 satellites. I ended up putting the antenna inside the car on the parcel shelf and still got 8-9 satelltes. I am not sure if you are not getting any satellites or getting them and the GPS not locating your position.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tashakes
My antenna had some problems when I installed my nav, so I purchased a magnetic antenna for satellite radio with a FAKRA connector off eBay, hooked it up to the nav DVD drive directly and it worked like a charm. Before that, I could not get any satellites to connect, and after that I got 10-11 satellites. I ended up putting the antenna inside the car on the parcel shelf and still got 8-9 satelltes. I am not sure if you are not getting any satellites or getting them and the GPS not locating your position.

Hope this helps.
I understood Tariq does not get any GPS fix, zero satellites. The above is an option I've mentioned too. But the car already had an Audio 50 APS and a GPS antenna then obviously. It should be straightforward to use the existing antenna but something seems missing to make that happen.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tariq
Simply and in general the GPS cable should connected to te Navigation procesor then the other side where should i connected to??? check picture No.5 that shows the cable of GPS.

Regards
Don't you have this short cable connected at all at the moment?

It is not shown in detail in the installation guide on the thread referred above but when the guide talks about installing the antenna splitter (I've copied the figure for reference here), you should find the same line holder but instead of dumping it, you should find one wire coming from the rear window antenna and another one leaving the connector towards the front (this one should be going to the front HU for Audio 50 APS). The short wire from the Navi processor should be connected here instead of the Audio 50 APS wire. I hope the exact location is shown sufficiently well at the other thread.

If there is no GPS antenna coax cable from the rear window, I would go at least for a temporary fix the way tashakes suggests.
Attached Thumbnails Simple question need an answer (Navigation Install)-img_5249.jpg