E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Wind noise at door, anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Wind noise at door, anyone?

Anyone else hear wind noise when driving fast on the highway?

I do, at the driver's door, when I drive faster than about 100 km/h (for Americans, 65 mph). The dealer right now is working on it: they replaced the door sael but can still hear the noise, so now they are trying to figure out what else to do about it.

Not a big deal but if it can be sorted out it will make driving that much more pleasant. Anyone else have the same?

Michael
Old 12-04-2002, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Hey mwillens: I have read all your post in regards of your car and I'm beginning to feel sorry for you, this can be either ,you dont like the car of the car does not like you. From all the post that I have read so far, you are the one with the most complains about the car. Bad Luck I guess???
Old 12-04-2002, 03:39 PM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Car

Originally posted by Crazy4Cars
Hey mwillens: I have read all your post in regards of your car and I'm beginning to feel sorry for you, this can be either ,you dont like the car of the car does not like you. From all the post that I have read so far, you are the one with the most complains about the car. Bad Luck I guess???
Don't worry - as you've seen I have been sure to emphasise each time that these are minor issues. Yes, bad luck to have a few of them, plus I am probably unusually finicky about a C$70k car needing to be free of little issues.

Hey, look how much maintenance a space shuttle needs, and no-one says that's not a great machine.

In this case, too, they fixed it. The door sael was deformed - I couldn't see any deformation but sure enough, after they replaced it and wiggled it all about a bit, all i sfine and no more wind noise.

Mike
Old 12-04-2002, 06:02 PM

I hope when my car finally arrives I will not be too hard on it as well.

After all by the time my E320 arrives it will cost me a fracton under AUS $ 140,000!!! And that's for an E320 not even a E500.

That's big bucks in anyones language.
If I was living in the States that's enough to almost cover the cost of a Ferrari 360 Modena!!

Boy you guys in the States have it good!!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:27 PM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
We too...

[i]...by the time my E320 arrives it will cost me a fracton under AUS $ 140,000!!! And that's for an E320 not even a E500.
Boy you guys in the States have it good!!!! [/B]
Hey, us in Canada too! C$70k is about A$70k.

Michael