2003 E500 Sports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG
Talking 2003 E500 Sports

Got this baby already a month. Love it.
But not sure if you guys who owns this car has this problem.
When I start the car in the morning, I hear some noise like "gig" sound from the front engine part. then its gone. And also when you shut down the engine, I hear a small "gig" sound. I called the dealer, they said that normal cause its the braking system ???
and Compare to the last version of 2000 model 320 . This is little noisy from the outside. So far thats the only problem I have.

http://www.ca101031.com/new-toy/

Cedric
Old 12-10-2002, 04:13 PM

2003 E320
brakes

it's the brakes (senstronic (sp?)). it's normal.

my wife said something like "wtf is that!!!" when she heard it so i had to explain it to her. she's still not too happywith it...but who cares (women).

Rock.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:55 PM

When I had the chance to drive DiabloJoe's E500 sport, I noticed a light clicking sound from the engine - drove me nuts but he didn't even notice it - not even after I pointed it out. Lesson is - you'll get used to it and not even notice it after a while - only your guests will...
Old 12-10-2002, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Sooo.

Originally posted by schvetkaaks
When I had the chance to drive DiabloJoe's E500 sport, I noticed a light clicking sound from the engine - drove me nuts but he didn't even notice it - not even after I pointed it out. Lesson is - you'll get used to it and not even notice it after a while - only your guests will...
Have you decided yet?

EDJ
Old 12-10-2002, 05:44 PM

You just want to take a test drive in an E55 as we agreed upon!!

I'm meeting with Mike next week to look over the seat arrangement and if I can figure it out and see that I can live with the space back there, I might go ahead and reserve an E55 on the spot, or very soon, since its release is in April, and I don't want to wait until November or whatever for the RS6. Also, on the RS6, I'm not sure I'm okay with a body style that will be outdated the same year it is released, as they are updating the A6 body around the same time, but the RS6 is in the current body style.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:40 PM

2012 CL550
Cedric,
You have almost the exact car I am considering ordering early next year. Would like to get your thoughts on a couple of items:

What do you think of the panorama roof? Is it worth the extra money? When it is open and you are cruising at highway speed how quiet is it compared to a regular sunroof? Has it been hot enough in your part of the world for the solar panels to work yet? If so, what do you think of that feature? The sliding covers seem somewhat flimsy when closed, you have any problems with them?

How about the ventilated seats? I think that is probably a must-have item but would like to get your thoughts. Also, what about the pulse feature?

Beautiful car! Thanks for posting the link to your pictures.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:08 PM

2003 E500
I don't have my car yet, and didn't order panorama or active ventilated seats, but I've gotta believe that both would be great in central Texas. Of course, you'd need to order the solar panel option (*not* included with the panorama roof, but a separate options that *requires* the panorama roof) to be able to drive the fan while parked in the 90 consecutive 90-plus-degree days of summer in Austin.

Ditto the active ventilated seats. If I were still in Austin, I'd be all over that option. It gets pretty nasty in NYC in the summer, and I'm kicking myself for not getting AVS, but I'll live.

Go horns!
james
texas ex