E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E350 H&R Drop Top Mounts/Pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Sport Package
E350 H&R Drop Top Mounts/Pads?

I posted this over at Benzworld also with no help, I was wondering if anyone could help me here...

I just dropped my E350 with Sport Package with the correct H&R Springs for the Sport Package. But I did not really see a good enough drop, my friend just dropped his E350 with Sports Package on the same springs and he got a much larger drop...

I was searching the forums here, and found some people where changing their top mounts/pads and I found the part numbers for the CLK and was wondering if this would help me on a E-Class and are the part numbers the same?

Is there another problem I am missing here? This is driving me crazy, if you saw my car you would think its at stock height. E350 with Sport Package with H&R Sport Springs (29324-4)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 AM

2012 E63 AMG Wagon
airmatic? his is set to sports 2 and yours is comfort?
Old 05-30-2008, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
how long has it been? u may just need to wait for it to settle. im dropped on H&R as well.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
There are 4 plastic spacers per side in the rear, each plastic shim is 3.5mm thick. There is an additional rubber shim that is slightly thicker than the plastic shims. In addition to the shims there is obviously a spring pad that mates with the spring. Unfortunately, I have no expierience with changing the spring pad in the rear. I really see no need to ever due so - removing all of the plastic and rubber shims in combination with H&R springs would result in an extreme drop.

In the front, there is again a spring pad that sits on top of the spring. There are several different part numbers for this spring pad. I have ordered several of them ($150) worth and apart from the part number all of the pads have been identical thickness, shape, etc. - they all appear to have come out of the same mold. Some on this forum have claimed to have switched out the front spring pad to a thinner one. I suspect they didn't do the work themselves and their mechanic misinformed them.

In the front there is an approximately 10mm plastic shim that sits below the spring on the opposite side of the rubber pad. This shim is washer shaped and sits around the strut. It consists of two interlocking plastic plates. This shim could be removed/modified/replaced with a thinner part to further lower the vehicle.

Another option for lowering the front more would be cutting the springs. I cut my H&R's a half coil and noticed no difference in ride.

EDIT: This information is based upon my expierience with my 2004 E320, I would suspect your E350 to be the same.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by W Cole
There are 4 plastic spacers per side in the rear, each plastic shim is 3.5mm thick. There is an additional rubber shim that is slightly thicker than the plastic shims. In addition to the shims there is obviously a spring pad that mates with the spring. Unfortunately, I have no expierience with changing the spring pad in the rear. I really see no need to ever due so - removing all of the plastic and rubber shims in combination with H&R springs would result in an extreme drop.

In the front, there is again a spring pad that sits on top of the spring. There are several different part numbers for this spring pad. I have ordered several of them ($150) worth and apart from the part number all of the pads have been identical thickness, shape, etc. - they all appear to have come out of the same mold. Some on this forum have claimed to have switched out the front spring pad to a thinner one. I suspect they didn't do the work themselves and their mechanic misinformed them.

In the front there is an approximately 10mm plastic shim that sits below the spring on the opposite side of the rubber pad. This shim is washer shaped and sits around the strut. It consists of two interlocking plastic plates. This shim could be removed/modified/replaced with a thinner part to further lower the vehicle.

Another option for lowering the front more would be cutting the springs. I cut my H&R's a half coil and noticed no difference in ride.

EDIT: This information is based upon my expierience with my 2004 E320, I would suspect your E350 to be the same.
To lower it even more with the H&R Springs you can remove the plastic shims. Up to 4 of them I believe. This won't hurt your ride at all. All of my friends who have lowered their cars with springs have removed the shims. I believe removing all 4 shims will bring your wheel well to just above your tires. It's a nice stance if you ask me...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:48 PM

E350 Sport Package
Thank you guys for all the help really means a lot. These four plastic parts are they only in the rear or can they also be removed from the front to? Should I also go to the dealer and purchase a lower pad or is that the same thing?

Thank you...
Alex
Old 05-30-2008, 07:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by alex310
Thank you guys for all the help really means a lot. These four plastic parts are they only in the rear or can they also be removed from the front to? Should I also go to the dealer and purchase a lower pad or is that the same thing?

Thank you...
Alex
There are multiple shims in the rear. In the front there is a single 10mm plastic shim that u can either remove or grind down.

There is a rubber spring pad in the front. But for some reason all the spring pads mercedes makes for the front are absolutely identical even though they have different p/n's.