E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 12:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
Originally Posted by benzmodz
Let's not go around guessing in that case. InCarTronics would need a MOST chip developer permit with OASIS, an IPOD developer agreement with Apple and a MOST co-operation agreement to be allowed to sell the hardware, then also a TYCO agreement for connectors and an agreement for the OS used in the onboard Blackfin processor and another agreement with Parrot to OEM the Bluetooth boards and by chance there is another company competing with Bryan doing EXACTLY the same thing and for some strange reason the InCarTronics boxes look exactly like the Mobridge boxes with the same holes in the same places.
like i said before...i really dont care..ill part from this thread now and leave the politics to you
Old 06-15-2008, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by yikes
like i said before...i really dont care..ill part from this thread now and leave the politics to you
Give my regards to Larry and Mo.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
I am not sure why you are so negative? Did these guys do something to you? I did a lot of homework before purchasing my device, and admittedly, I am new to all this stuff. But it worked like they said it would, the manual has those certifications listed from Apple and MOST. What do you want pictures of? Short of me tearing things back apart, I am sure I could snap a few and figure out how to post them here.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by amgphreak
I am not sure why you are so negative? Did these guys do something to you? I did a lot of homework before purchasing my device, and admittedly, I am new to all this stuff. But it worked like they said it would, the manual has those certifications listed from Apple and MOST. What do you want pictures of? Short of me tearing things back apart, I am sure I could snap a few and figure out how to post them here.
There are magicians and then there are the people who show how the trick works. Perhaps if Bryan made technically accurate comments it would give me less to comment on.

I was wondering if you could show the microphones installed and the COMAND screen during an incoming call. Does it show the phonebook on the COMAND ?

Last edited by benzmodz; 06-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:08 AM

2005 E320
Originally Posted by amgphreak
What do you want pictures of?
Personally, I would like to see pictures of the component(s) that you installed and of the display which shows the telephone has been recognized (i.e., show the entry of a telephone number).

There is obviously more than one skeptic here. Posting some pics could go a long way towards your credibility. Remember...a picture is worth a thousand complaints.

Thanks.

Last edited by jkv11503; 06-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by jkv11503
Personally, I would like to see pictures of the component(s) that you installed and of the display which shows the telephone has been recognized (i.e., show the entry of a telephone number).

There is obviously more than one skeptic here. Posting some pics could go a long way towards your credibility. Remember...a picture is worth a thousand complaints.

Thanks.
It would have been better to start with the photos. Then everyone can see what is going on. A HOW TO online would have been perfect and some wider testing would have been advisable.

Labelling things as Argos Stage 2, InCarTronics or as Mobridge is largely irrelevant. Nobody really cares at all if it does a good job. InCarTronics is the fifth name this product has had since it was invented. For various reasons I cant reveal all of the other names.

Last edited by benzmodz; 06-15-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:39 AM

2005 E320 CDI
You're really determined to show everyone what an a-hole you are, aren't you?

How about you provide full disclosure about your obvious history with some of the others involved in the development of this product? And then kindly grind your axe somewhere else far, far from here.

P.S.: It's "Moe". Not that I'm surprised you'd get something else wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:45 AM

MB
Originally Posted by musicmax

How about you provide full disclosure about your obvious history with some of the others involved in the development of this product? And then kindly grind your axe somewhere else far, far from here.

+1. I'm not sure why the negativity is necessary, and thanks to those for sharing their installation experience. I installed the Argos unit on a prior G500 with no problems and will be doing the same to the E500 wagon in the next month. If no one has posted pics by then I will. With any luck this will satisfy the naysayers....
Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified

I show my knowledge and clearly you show yours. Moe it is.

Im sure if I said something that wasnt true some people may call me out on that too. I dont suppose you are fishing for a discount ?

Last edited by benzmodz; 06-15-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
you know i wasnt even gonna dignify that statement by you with a reply but i cant resist...just like a politician..first the rhetoric then the name calling...

are you calling me one of the three stooges?

you want to make this personal now?

well i be glad to give my regards to larry and moe and you do the same for crocodile dundee

whatever mobridge did to you..it must have cost you a pretty penny...and you know what...i dont give a sh*t

Last edited by yikes; 06-15-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-15-2008, 03:00 PM

2005 E320 CDI
I show my knowledge and clearly you show yours. Moe it is.

Im sure if I said something that wasnt true some people may call me out on that too. I dont suppose you are fishing for a discount ?
SECOND REQUEST:
How about you provide full disclosure about your obvious history with some of the others involved in the development of this product?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
SECOND REQUEST:
How about you provide full disclosure about your obvious history with some of the others involved in the development of this product?
I think the newbies need to read up a little before asking anything.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by yikes
you know i wasnt even gonna dignify that statement by you with a reply but i cant resist...just like a politician..first the rhetoric then the name calling... are you calling me one of the three stooges? you want to make this personal now? well i be glad to give my regards to larry and moe and you do the same for crocodile dundee
Next time I see Crocodile Dundee I will tell him you said Hi. I am sure he will be pleased.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 AM

05 C230 Sports Sedan, Previously owned an 02 C230 Sports Coupe
I should be receiving mine shortly. I ordered only the BT phone kit as I use the Aux cable for my iPod. I will take very detailed pictures of the install and of the displays, etc. so that I can post them on the forum. I believe it is important to show others that the radio and console both perform as promised.

This forum has been very helpful to me in the past, and I hope that by completing a documented install that I can be helpful to everyone else.

As previously stated, if the install goes sour, or isn't what they promised, I'll return the unit and warn the board - listing the issues. For me, the glass is still half full.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by underwhirled
I should be receiving mine shortly. I ordered only the BT phone kit as I use the Aux cable for my iPod. I will take very detailed pictures of the install and of the displays, etc. so that I can post them on the forum. I believe it is important to show others that the radio and console both perform as promised.

This forum has been very helpful to me in the past, and I hope that by completing a documented install that I can be helpful to everyone else.

As previously stated, if the install goes sour, or isn't what they promised, I'll return the unit and warn the board - listing the issues. For me, the glass is still half full.

There needs to be some pre-wired and non-wired cars to see how it goes and some old W211. Since the USA doesnt have A and B class (?) then you may miss out on some of those issues. Most of those are not prewired and only the dealer can activate the phone system (if they feel like it).

The way it needs to work is that car variants each have plus and minus features and that can be resolved with forum discussion. Voice control and Teleaid also have special needs.

For cars like ML and R its pretty hard for an ordinary workshop to do the activation.

Last edited by benzmodz; 06-16-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:23 PM

There needs to be some pre-wired and non-wired cars to see how it goes and some old W211. Since the USA doesnt have A and B class (?) then you may miss out on some of those issues. Most of those are not prewired and only the dealer can activate the phone system (if they feel like it).

The way it needs to work is that car variants each have plus and minus features and that can be resolved with forum discussion. Voice control and Teleaid also have special needs.

For cars like ML and R its pretty hard for an ordinary workshop to do the activation.
That's my understanding as well. I believe that I've read that the 2005 C class for the U.S. market is prewired for just about everything. The Aux Cable install was a breeze.

I think I also read somewhere that as long as the center console reads "No Phone" on a menu as you're cycling through, no dealer phone activation will be necessary.

I drive the sports sedan now, but I remember in my 2002 C230 coupe, I had the dealer remove the "No Phone" menu. It is my understanding that if I still had that car, I'd have to go back to the dealer so that the menu would be set to "present" again.

In my case it's all guess work. You guys that really do mods are miles and miles away from NW Arkansas.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
That's my understanding as well. I believe that I've read that the 2005 C class for the U.S. market is prewired for just about everything. The Aux Cable install was a breeze.

I think I also read somewhere that as long as the center console reads "No Phone" on a menu as you're cycling through, no dealer phone activation will be necessary.

I drive the sports sedan now, but I remember in my 2002 C230 coupe, I had the dealer remove the "No Phone" menu. It is my understanding that if I still had that car, I'd have to go back to the dealer so that the menu would be set to "present" again.

In my case it's all guess work. You guys that really do mods are miles and miles away from NW Arkansas.
The original idea was that it would be sensible to use the OEM CD stacker harness as if they were installing a CD stacker and transfer the power and ground pins from the OEM harness to the Mobridge. Somehow along the way the 3pin to 4pin adapter dropped out of the kit. I think it costs something like $3.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
iPhone upgrade kit from Mercedes. Full integration.

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun08/1...hitecture.html
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM

06 W211
OK, so I took the plunge and ordered one of these units. Got it yesterday and installed it this morning on my 2006 W211. The instructions need some work, but in the one call I made to the company for some guidance, the guy I spoke to was friendly, helpful, and assured me there would be instructional videos soon.

Not being one to wait, I sort of figured it out myself. It took right about an hour to get the thing installed and everything back together. I guess the hardest part was figuring out I needed a T20 screwdriver instead of a hex key to unscrew the trim panel.

I made several test calls, both with with the car stationary and at 80MPH cruise, and all seems to work well.

The only disappointment is that it doesn't use the factory microphone. Instead, you install a little microphone (says "Parrot" on the back of it) on the "A" pillar. It's not too obtrusive, but I would have preferred the factory one.

Also, I didn't have to do any sort of version coding or anything. FWIW, my dealer said my car was NOT prewired for a phone. I don't know how you can tell.

I'll be happy to post a picture of the thing making a call or something if y'all want me to. I'm just not sure how to do that on this forum.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by stratofortress

Also, I didn't have to do any sort of version coding or anything. FWIW, my dealer said my car was NOT prewired for a phone. I don't know how you can tell.
Do you have Teleaid ?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 PM

I installed mine this afternoon. The install went very smooth. I followed directions on removing the radio and everthing from the other posts on the forums. I also took it real slow, and took the time to clean everthing while it was all torn apart.

I must say that the unit is functioning as promised. I took their advice and installed the additional microphone that was provided in the kit.

It paired well with my Razor, but it wouldn't pair with by blackberry. Making and receiveing calls is a breeze. Also, call quality is very good.

The one thing that I didn't expect, but kind of makes since is that the dash reads "No phone" unless I approach the car with my razor open. Once the car is started, the phone pairs immediately. I can then close the phone. I believe that this may be a bluetooth setting in the phone. If the phone is open the device pairs immediately.

Also, if someone leaves a voice mail, the envelope lights up on the stereo - very cool.

At this point in time, I'm very happy with incartronics. Everything for my car was truely plug and play.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:47 PM

06 W211
Do you have Teleaid ?
I do. Does that indicate prewiring or something?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by stratofortress
I do. Does that indicate prewiring or something?
Yes, the Teleaid is a variant on a phone system.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
I installed mine this afternoon. The install went very smooth. I followed directions on removing the radio and everthing from the other posts on the forums. I also took it real slow, and took the time to clean everthing while it was all torn apart.

Also, if someone leaves a voice mail, the envelope lights up on the stereo - very cool.

At this point in time, I'm very happy with incartronics. Everything for my car was truely plug and play.
Considering that the Australian engineers who built this kit also built UHI / MHI then I am not surprised there is good functionality. In all of this, I was quite sure it would work but did not think it was necessary to go as far as to say it was invented in the USA. That was just a long bow to draw.

If your phone does not pair you should email mobridge and get them to send you a flash update for the module so that it can support Blackberry, the worlds most popular business phone with more than 42% of the USA business market.

In ROW, rest of world, the Blackberry and Razor are already supported by Mercedes products.

Last edited by benzmodz; 06-21-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM

06 W211

I must say that the unit is functioning as promised. I took their advice and installed the additional microphone that was provided in the kit.

It paired well with my Razor, but it wouldn't pair with by blackberry. Making and receiveing calls is a breeze. Also, call quality is very good.

The one thing that I didn't expect, but kind of makes since is that the dash reads "No phone" unless I approach the car with my razor open. Once the car is started, the phone pairs immediately. I can then close the phone. I believe that this may be a bluetooth setting in the phone. If the phone is open the device pairs immediately.

Odd that your BlackBerry won't pair. My unit paired right away with my BlackBerries. I have the T-Mobile version of the BlackBerry cuve, if that matters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit