InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Odd that your BlackBerry won't pair. My unit paired right away with my BlackBerries. I have the T-Mobile version of the BlackBerry cuve, if that matters.
Maybe it was trying to pair at the same time. I dont think it works with two phones at one time. But I thought that was possible ?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230 Sports Sedan, Previously owned an 02 C230 Sports Coupe
I'm going to try the blackberry again tomorrow. The Razor works so great, I find it hard to believe that the blackberry won't pair. If that doesn't work I'll email them for support.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Here are a couple of pictures showing my center console being taken apart, the fiber optic cables that came off the back of the stereo, the phone book uploaded to the HU, and a call in progress on the MFD.
Attached Thumbnails InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit-dscn0351.jpg   InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit-dscn0353.jpg   InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit-dscn0357.jpg   InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit-dscn0360.jpg   InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit-dscn0352.jpg  

InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit-dscn0355.jpg  
Old 06-23-2008, 04:11 AM

w203
i'm close to ordering the mobridge bluetooth system. my 2005 w203 definitely has no phone prewiring and comand says 'no phone' if i hit any of the phone buttons.

anyone know whether i'd need it recoding?

also, could i expect the mobridge to plug and play as people are suggesting the incartronics system does?

with no previous experience of installing such kit, is it really easy enough for a novice to install or will i regret not handing it to a professional?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by albion_king
i'm close to ordering the mobridge bluetooth system. my 2005 w203 definitely has no phone prewiring and comand says 'no phone' if i hit any of the phone buttons.

also, could i expect the mobridge to plug and play as people are suggesting the incartronics system does?

with no previous experience of installing such kit, is it really easy enough for a novice to install or will i regret not handing it to a professional?
I think that Teleaid does the role of a phone system. So cars with tele-aid seem to have a phone menu already. It doesnt just magically appear.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by albion_king

My car had no previous phone system installed. I also had the menu that said "No Phone". I believe that if your car is a U.S. spec 2005 C230 you won't have a problem. My car is the same and it worked like a charm.

Also, I was able to get the blackberry to pair and upload the phone book to the H.U. I had a bluetooth setting on the phone set wrong. Once I fixed that and charge the phone - no problem.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E500
Originally Posted by benzmodz
I think that Teleaid does the role of a phone system. So cars with tele-aid seem to have a phone menu already. It doesnt just magically appear.
I'm a little confused regarding Teleaid. From your previous posts...it's not clear, are you saying that having Teleaid means that your system is version coded, pre-wired, or both? I have Teleaid (I thought all cars after a certain year did, but I guess not, perhaps it depends on which model car you have?), and I have the "No Phone" menu in my car, but from what I've read about pre-wiring (you should see a litle "puck" in the center console), I don't have that. So I can assume my car is not pre-wired but IS version coded?

Any clarification you can provide would be helpful.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:23 PM

2013 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by gvaughn
I'm a little confused regarding Teleaid. From your previous posts...it's not clear, are you saying that having Teleaid means that your system is version coded, pre-wired, or both? I have Teleaid (I thought all cars after a certain year did, but I guess not, perhaps it depends on which model car you have?), and I have the "No Phone" menu in my car, but from what I've read about pre-wiring (you should see a litle "puck" in the center console), I don't have that. So I can assume my car is not pre-wired but IS version coded?

Any clarification you can provide would be helpful.
If your vehicle is an 06, than it has digital Tele-Aide. The voice phone equipment needs to be installed. The car is pre-wired for this equipment. You will need an electronics box for the trunk, the puck socket, console floor plate and a cable. The linear compensator is not necessary as it is only used for hardwired phones to boost signal strength. Bluetooth phones use the phones antenna. Last you will need a Bluetooth puck.

The car then needs version code updating to work.

Steve at MBenznl.com supplied the equipment for me and did the installation. The voice recognition module is also not necessary, but worth buying if it's in the budget.

-David
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by dw8083
If your vehicle is an 06, than it has digital Tele-Aide. The voice phone equipment needs to be installed. The car is pre-wired for this equipment. You will need an electronics box for the trunk, the puck socket, console floor plate and a cable. The linear compensator is not necessary as it is only used for hardwired phones to boost signal strength. Bluetooth phones use the phones antenna. Last you will need a Bluetooth puck.

The car then needs version code updating to work.

Steve at MBenznl.com supplied the equipment for me and did the installation. The voice recognition module is also not necessary, but worth buying if it's in the budget.

-David
By voice recognition, I take it you mean the module that controls the various electronics functions of the car (not phone specific) by voice command? How much did you pay for all of that installed by MBenznl (with or without voice recognition)?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:56 AM

Mercedes-Benz C220cdi (w203)
I've just received a mObridge Bluetooth Kit, but there isn't attached any install manual...
I don't know how to install it
Can you help me, please?
Do you have a install manual for Mercedes C 2006 (w203)?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by underwhirled
Here are a couple of pictures showing my center console being taken apart, the fiber optic cables that came off the back of the stereo, the phone book uploaded to the HU, and a call in progress on the MFD.
Does the unit download your entire phone book or does it have a limit on the number of entries? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by sonixcz
I've just received a mObridge Bluetooth Kit, but there isn't attached any install manual...
I don't know how to install it
Can you help me, please?
Do you have a install manual for Mercedes C 2006 (w203)?
I think you need to talk to the people who sold you the unit. Did you buy from Mobridge direct?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:30 AM

The video on their website shows tapping into the fiber optic cable behind the astray -- which seems super easy. But it was on a E class.

I own a 05 C230 with a CD changer -- Will I need to remove it from the back of the stereo or is the fiber optic cable also behind the astray? Removing the stereo unit seems more involved.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by musicmax
Does the unit download your entire phone book or does it have a limit on the number of entries? Thanks.
Sorry for the delay. I've been on vacation. The unit downloads the entire phone book. I haven't seen a limit. When I'm using my Razor, I only have a few contacts; however, when I use my work Blackberry, I have a couple of hundred. I haven't noticed any truncation of the contact list for the blackberry. It just takes a bit longer for the phone to upload it to the HU.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by dougpark714
The video on their website shows tapping into the fiber optic cable behind the astray -- which seems super easy. But it was on a E class.

I own a 05 C230 with a CD changer -- Will I need to remove it from the back of the stereo or is the fiber optic cable also behind the astray? Removing the stereo unit seems more involved.
Well, on my 2005 C230 with a CD changer and SAT radio, I did not have any fiber optic cables behind the ashtray. I think you'll need to pull the head unit. This is a bit more involved, but if you follow the removal instructions on the forum, it is easy - scary, but easy.

You should go for it. You'll feel a great sense of accomplishment when you're done.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
'08 CL63
Any new info or a verdict on this in an E class?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 GLK 250 BT
Another successful install

Specifics; 2005 E320-CDI, iTronic BT unit w/o ipod, paired w/Blackberry curve 8300.

Opinions; very cool!
- install took 1-2 hours. alittle confused on wiring up pwr/gnd whether to the CD player or lighter 12V. go with the 1st (always on w/CD player) 'cause the iTronic does have a sleep mode.
- pairs up very easily and it immediately acknowledges when I enter the car, within 5 secs.
- odd that the steering controls/dash is different from the COMAND system, ie. scrolling thru phone book is separate search on either.
- bummer that I can't do txt msging thru BT. COMAND system show SMS function and apparently the iTronic unit can but my Blackberry 8300 doesn't have that capability
- supplied microphone is pretty good! while driving 45mph, the wife at home says the voice quality is as good as a direct line w/no background noise.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 AM

2006 E350 Flint Grey
2006 E350, iTronic BT unit w/o ipod, paired Treo 800w.

-Install went fine. As stated previously, go with the CD player wire instead of cigarette. I chose the latter and the radio would stay on for 30 seconds after the car was off.
-Phone book downloads and incoming calls are fine. Outgoing is a little strange in that it only works half the time. It seems I need to hit a button on the phone before it will recognize the command for making a call. Once I have made one call, all outgoing work fine until I shut off the car. Probably a Treo thing.
-The Mic is great. People say it sounds better than being on the phone directly.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:39 PM

I installed mine this afternoon. The install went very smooth. I followed directions on removing the radio and everthing from the other posts on the forums. I also took it real slow, and took the time to clean everthing while it was all torn apart.

I must say that the unit is functioning as promised. I took their advice and installed the additional microphone that was provided in the kit.

It paired well with my Razor, but it wouldn't pair with by blackberry. Making and receiveing calls is a breeze. Also, call quality is very good.

The one thing that I didn't expect, but kind of makes since is that the dash reads "No phone" unless I approach the car with my razor open. Once the car is started, the phone pairs immediately. I can then close the phone. I believe that this may be a bluetooth setting in the phone. If the phone is open the device pairs immediately.

Also, if someone leaves a voice mail, the envelope lights up on the stereo - very cool.

At this point in time, I'm very happy with incartronics. Everything for my car was truely plug and play.
FOR CLARIFICATION: There was a BT setting on the phone that allows the phone to search for devices without having to have the phone open. All you have to do is approach the car, get in, and turn on the car. You don't have to even take the phone out of your pocket. It pairs immediately. Previously, I didn't have the BT function set correctly on my hand held.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM

98 C43
Anyone else have experience with this system?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 02:55 AM

C300. FJ Cruiser, 370Z
My car was not prewired for a phone system and the dealer told me that it will cost me over $2000 to install one. I decided to try the iTronics from InCarTronics. I bought it from Autotech Security in Moorpark, CA, a local dealer/installer of InCarTronics. They came to my work and installed the iTronics in my '06 E350 last Monday. My Nav/Comand paired with my iPhone instantly and downloaded my phonebook. I was able to make calls through my NAV but I noticed that I don't have a phone menu anymore in my cluster. InCarTronic's website says "Full Integration" so I called InCarTronics and they told me that the cluster setting for my the phone menu was turned off and that I need to go to a benz dealer to have them turn it on. I went to Fletcher Jones In Huntington Beach and they said that I need my cluster "version coded" so I can control and access my phonebook. It works flawlessly now! Fletcher Jones even changed the burnt front turn signal bulb. Everything free of charge! The only think is, they were surprised why the phone menu was not available in the first place. I didn't tell them that I have a third party bluetooth module installed in my car a couple of days ago. I'm not really sure whay happened but I think installing the iTronics and updating the software in my NAV has something to do with it. Anyways, I don't care. What's important is it's working.

rdsbenz

Last edited by RDSBENZ; 09-11-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by rdscklasse
My car was not prewired for a phone system and the dealer told me that it will cost me over $2000 to install one. I decided to try the iTronics from InCarTronics. I bought it from Autotech Security in Moorpark, CA, a local dealer/installer of InCarTronics. They came to my work and installed the iTronics in my '06 E350 last Monday. My Nav/Comand paired with my iPhone instantly and downloaded my phonebook. I was able to make calls through my NAV but I noticed that I don't have a phone menu anymore in my cluster. InCarTronic's website says "Full Integration" so I called InCarTronics and they told me that the cluster setting for my the phone menu was turned off and that I need to go to a benz dealer to have them turn it on. I went to Fletcher Jones In Huntington Beach and they said that I need my cluster "version coded" so I can control and access my phonebook. It works flawlessly now! Fletcher Jones even changed the burnt front turn signal bulb. Everything free of charge! The only think is, they were surprised why the phone menu was not available in the first place. I didn't tell them that I have a third party bluetooth module installed in my car a couple of days ago. I'm not really sure whay happened but I think installing the iTronics and updating the software in my NAV has something to do with it. Anyways, I don't care. What's important is it's working.

rdsbenz
A couple of questions:

How much was the install from Autotech Security?

Is Fletcher Jones the dealer where you bought your car? If not, why did they do it for free? Did they bill it as warranty work?
Old 09-13-2008, 03:43 PM

C300. FJ Cruiser, 370Z
Originally Posted by gvaughn
A couple of questions:

How much was the install from Autotech Security?

Is Fletcher Jones the dealer where you bought your car? If not, why did they do it for free? Did they bill it as warranty work?
$1150 + sales tax. He installed it at my work. It took about an hour.

I didn't buy my car at Fletcher Jones. I just told them that I just got my car like that and when I paired by iPhone with the bluetooth in the car, it worked with the Nav but the cluster's phone menu is not present and I don't have steering wheel control to make /receive calls. I didn't tell them that I have an aftermarket bluetooth module though. The service manager ask one of the techs to take a look at it and they told me it will only take 10-15 minutes to version code my cluster. No workorder was needed. I guess it's just one of the perks you get when visiting a Fletcher Jones. I'm not sure if all dealers will do the same.

If the dealer didn't fix the problem with my cluster, I probably would have raised some hell with InCartronics. Oh by the way, the SMS function in your NAV will not work with the iTronics. You won't get any Text messages in your NAV only on your phone. Can anybody who installed their own iTronics confirmed this. . .

rdsbenz

Last edited by RDSBENZ; 09-13-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 E500
2006 E500 Blue tooth Question

have '06 E500 with sat radio and NAV COMAND. No phone-pre wire. Any reccomendations for DIYI on aftermarket sys e.g. InCarTronics? for >$1000??
Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by MB_E500
have '06 E500 with sat radio and NAV COMAND. No phone-pre wire. Any reccomendations for DIYI on aftermarket sys e.g. InCarTronics? for >$1000??
I'm in the same boat as you. Assume you mean for < (less than) $1000.

I think the itronics and mObridge (many same they are the same) are pretty much the best options. If you try to do it yourself...they should be less than $1000.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: InCarTronics (Formerly EuroCarPhone) new Hands Free Kit