E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Paintless Dent Repair on our car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sports
Paintless Dent Repair on our car?

I have a couple of dings in my driver side door, I spoke to the paintless repair guy, they said it's more difficult for them to do bmw and mercedes, because they have insulation and stuff on the door, now I am worried if they fix my car will it damage the insulation on the door or any other things that I can't see from the outside?

Can someone shed some lights on this topic?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
IF The Dent Tech is good it is NO Problem to do the dents...Make sure they do NOT drill the car to access the dent with the rods..ask to see some of the work. On a MB as some techs will roll the dent/ding out and others use a pointed dent rod to pop it out ... (on a MB) ..Also ask how long they have been in Biz
Old 06-26-2008, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
MARK CUMMINS said it all but I wanted to add that I had a really bad dent fixed on a W211 that I don't have any more. It was probably from someone opening the door from another car at a parking lot, but it had pretty sharp bends and paint a bit scratched. I thought I'd let an expert handle it before I sold the car, was expecting the dent remain visible but smaller. I was surprised that it was really impossible to find where the dent actually was once the expert had fixed it.

I don't know if MB is more difficult to fix compared to other models but at least this guy had no problems. They say aluminium panels are more difficult to fix but they do that also (the W211 door was still made of steel).
Old 06-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had 4 door dings fixed on my black E and I was sure I would still be able to tell where they were after they got repaired and NOPE, not even a hint of where the dings were.
The guy who fixed them gave me a great tip:
"Do NOT park next to 2 door cars(coupes) because the doors are heavier and longer"
Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Timely thread. A street person punched our E-wagon (while my wife was driving the vehicle). Now have a dent the size of a grapefruit in the rear quarter panel. Problem is that the dent is in the part of the panel that has a crease, so paintless dent repair might be a pig of a task.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The dent guy will know whether it is within his ability & paintless dent repair is the preferred method, since on trade in they measure the thickness of the paint on the car & WILL give you less if the car was painted.

If he accepts the job, he believes he can do it.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sports
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
IF The Dent Tech is good it is NO Problem to do the dents...Make sure they do NOT drill the car to access the dent with the rods..ask to see some of the work. On a MB as some techs will roll the dent/ding out and others use a pointed dent rod to pop it out ... (on a MB) ..Also ask how long they have been in Biz
Which way is better? roll out the ding/dent or dent rod and pop it out? I was really affraid that they might damange the inside insulation and the things you can't see between the outside and inside door panels.

Sigh.. not a good week, the dings is $95 bucks per panel, and I also got keyed recently, even though very small, two inches long but very deep it's going to cost me $550 to get it repainted. so total about $650 for cosmatic appearance. Owning a MB really gets expensive..