E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2003 E Class Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Originally posted by Jim Banville
You people expect the first batch of a brand new model to not have lots of bugs? HA! Thank God you guinea pigs sort them out for the rest of us before we buy the later year models
What? That's a rude comment, moron. We've had over 12 benzes in the past 10 years and they've all been mechanically reliable. We bought the 5th CL600 of the production year in the USA and it's been as reliable as any owner would hope for. Of course there will be certain cars that have trouble, but Mbz is hands down the premium auto maker in the world. They've been building motors, transmissions and drive trains for a very long time. Your guinea pig comment is lame. Your broke *** can't buy one right now because it's a hot car that's not getting discounted. So while you say "HA!" right now, I'll be saying "been there, done that" when you drive by in your "new" E class.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Steve-O

Steve-O

Visit this thread to see what JimBanville is all about. Some of have added him to our ignore list already:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1

Don't take what he says personally, he's a bit of a troll. Only his flame-bait only has this one flavor (Thanks you suckers for buying the first model year of the new design and working out the bugs for all of us jim banville's who are smarter than you and opt to wait until successive model years).

BTW, PM me, I'm curious what part of LN you're in, I'm in MB.

EDJ
Old 01-14-2003, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Joe:

I hope you guys are not irritating jhb and fooling around with that poor moron jim banville. I don't know if he is posting because I really did put him on ignore

Thanks for the pm. That was really a funny thread.

Ed
Old 01-14-2003, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Yeah

Etenn,

I'm going to take this to PM because I don't want jhb thinking I've hijacked a thread in the W211 forum.

PS--I did put Jimbanville on my ignore list, but his post still shows. Instead of text it just says "This person is on your ignore list" so I know when and where he has posted, I just don't have to read any of it.

EDJ
Old 01-14-2003, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Joe...Cool isn't it. Much better to know that Jim Banville posted and is ranting and raving about us morons..but not have to read it:p

Ed
Old 01-14-2003, 01:57 PM

C320 Sport
I hae had many problems with my Benz C class and have spoke to everyone at the dealership from the salewomen to the repair manager and then I have written to a guy named Parente at he main office about the many problems I am having witht this car and no one offered any help at all. All I got was lip service. Very,Very dissapoiinted in Mercedes , I don't know how they got such a good reputation, They really don't seem to care after you sign the bottm line and buy the car.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
We've had over 12 benzes in the past 10 years and they've all been mechanically reliable.
GREAT! My C240 has been reliable up until now (mechanically that is - I've had several nuisance issues), and I hope it stays that way until we trade it in on our next car. Might I suggest you and all you friends with reliable MB's fill out gobs of JD Power surveys and such so we can all build up the badly tarnished MB nameplate of late (go ahead and post your reply about how you don't care about auto industry surveys, and how you believe statistics are voodoo and such )
Old 01-16-2003, 12:48 PM

2003 E-320 and a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Originally posted by gincharl
I hae had many problems with my Benz C class and have spoke to everyone at the dealership from the salewomen to the repair manager and then I have written to a guy named Parente at he main office about the many problems I am having witht this car and no one offered any help at all. All I got was lip service. Very,Very dissapoiinted in Mercedes , I don't know how they got such a good reputation, They really don't seem to care after you sign the bottm line and buy the car.
Believe it or not, I finally got action through two actions. Had a lawyer send a letter to MB and the dealership stating I wanted the car repaired or replaced. Gave them one final opportunity to do that. The letter stated that there were safty issues with the car that must be addressed. In addition, believe it or not, I just called the 1-800 customer support number for MB and very calmly told them how disappointed I was in the dealership and in MB. Calmness was the key. Kept the emotion of the situation out if it, just stated the facts - number of attempts to repair, number of MBs purchased, number of cars from this dealership. In my opinion, if this had been my first MB, that should be enough, but reality is I have purchased 6 cars from this dealership, two of them an MB.

The dealership called me today and asked how I wanted my new car equiped. So, someone finally listened. Hopefully several months of production have help MB work out a few bugs.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:16 PM

C320 Sport
WOW!! good for you, some one at the Benz company listened to what you were saying and are going to help you replace the defective car. I wish I could have been that lucky but I still do not receive any thing but lip service and good bye.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:24 PM

2003 CLK 320
Kill them with kindness and a smile can go a long way !!!
Old 01-17-2003, 09:39 AM

And one more thing, when the regional rep was at the dealership to look at my car, I made it a point to get his business card - which had his cell phone number. The next three times I had a valid malfunction, I called him on his cell. On the third call, he said he was on his way to catch a airplane. I think he got tired of me bugging him.

Moral of the story is... If you have a real problem that has not been fixed, do not give up. Call the general manager of the dealership, MB, your sellsman, the service manager, everyone you can think of. Be nice, but be persistant. Make sure they realize you are not going to fade quitely into the sunset.

All in all, I do have to say, I still like the car. great styling and comfort. I am looking forward to what will hopefully be a "de-lemoned" version.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and advise.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:17 PM

Do you ever get the feeling you should never trust anything a car sellsman tells you?

Bottom line, the new car has still not been ordered. I got a call from MBUSA today. They do not want to order a new car until I have given them mine. They are concerned about the lose they will have to take on mine when they repurchase it. My response is "to bad".

Keep in mind, I own this car and a motorcycle. Now not even Texas winters are mild enough that I want to ride a motorcycle everywhere I go for the next few months.

They are now asking if I would take a new "S" class instead of waiting on the "E" to be ordered.

Updates to come as they arrive. I wish I had a dollar for every hour I have spent on this problem.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:49 PM

'03 E320
Lightbulb Lemon Law Information Link

I have seen some speculation regarding lemon laws. I would refer one to the following informative site;
http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html
Old 02-03-2003, 04:09 PM

My head hurts.

Lets see, since we last spoke, I have had 5 warnings of flat tires, the parktronic for the read is not working and the computer tells me the CD player is out, but it is working.

The "S" class they want me to purchase is covered in scratches. The area behind the door handle looks like 1000 people with big rings have tried to open the doors - all 4 doors. Hood, trunk, etc...

Several problems with the interior. Bottom line - a new car that looks like a demo - only 95 miles on it, so I am confused.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:39 PM

'03 Mercedes E320
Any Auto Shows in your area recently? 'Sounds like they have one of the S Class floor cars sent to dealers for sale.

Have you considered your dealer may play a big role in the issues you've had, since it sure would seem the problems (admittedly unusual and annoying) that you've had should be fixable if diagnosed properly, and that if in fact MB is buying back your car, the dealer should just be taking an order and trying to satisfy you? I knew one person who got a buy-back on a Jeep, and the dealer was just great once Chrysler gave the word to go on the new one.

Can you go to another dealer and just "start over"? That would sure be my choice. Again, sorry to hear of all the problems.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:41 PM
CRB

Originally posted by nelsonr
My head hurts.

Lets see, since we last spoke, I have had 5 warnings of flat tires, the parktronic for the read is not working and the computer tells me the CD player is out, but it is working.

The "S" class they want me to purchase is covered in scratches. The area behind the door handle looks like 1000 people with big rings have tried to open the doors - all 4 doors. Hood, trunk, etc...

Several problems with the interior. Bottom line - a new car that looks like a demo - only 95 miles on it, so I am confused.
Sounds like that S-class may have been at a car show. Lots of cosmetic damage and no miles.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by jim256
Any Auto Shows in your area recently? 'Sounds like they have one of the S Class floor cars sent to dealers for sale.

Can you go to another dealer and just "start over"? That would sure be my choice. Again, sorry to hear of all the problems.

None that I can remember, but it makes sense. I agree, I think it is way past time to find another dealership. Only problem is we are talking a 2 1/2 hour drive to the next closest dealership. I think it is time to consider a BMW. I am not convinced that the BMW is nearly as nice a car, but I am past the end of my rope here.

The regional rep did offer me a cash payout for every day that the car was in the shop. Not sure he realizes I have been in the shop for about 15 days. Maybe I should just take him up on the offer.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:27 AM

'03 Mercedes E320
Having just read the new BMW club mag---you sure don't want i-Drive! Maybe the other MB dealer will work something out, but I'm 1:45 from my dealer and I go so seldom it's not been an issue on 3 cars. He offers to meet me half way if it's a cumbersome trip or a "come-back" for a part. Also in that BMW mag is a letter from a member saying he took a test drive in a new E500 and he writes: "It IS a BMW" and implores BMW to hurry up with the new 5 series.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:42 PM

2003 E320
Nelson,

It sounds like you should basically quit working with your dealer (they don't seem like they will do much) and work directly with MBUSA. If MBUSA tries to push you back to the dealer I would explain that you've been to the dealer already X times to fix Y problems and they are not willing to help. Keep bugging MBUSA enough and they will get you a new car.

Order another car and get it via lemon law. I would accept nothing less.

Rock.