E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Anyone been to the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine, CA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Anyone been to the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine, CA?

We'll be in San Diego in a couple of weeks, and I thought we might stop by the Mercedes Classic Center in Irvine. Is this worthwhile?

Any other car-related sites within a reasonable drive of San Diego?
Old 07-27-2008, 10:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
I've thought about that too. Please post pics if you go.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E500 with 'some' BRABUS upgrades
A few places you and the wifey will appreciate..

Visit Symbolic Motors in La Jolla San Diego. It's an exotic car dealership/gallery. They have the baddest cars there. I was there 2 days ago with a friend dropping his car off for service and we spent 3 hours there looking and talking about the cars they have. They got 2 Enzo's right now, 3 Bugatti Veyron's Phantom drop tops, 2 Lamborghini Murcielago's roadsters, an old school Ferrari GTB race car and the list goes on. Even got a Mclaren F1.

It's a dealership but everyone is cool and everyone stops by there to gawk and drool over their cars

Also visit Classic Car in Downtown San Diego on 5th Ave and E street. Its also a dealership/gallery. Original GT40's, Mini Coopers with motor swaps...the list goes on.

Balboa Park in San Diego (near downtown SD) has a bunch of museums. Mueseum of Man, Museum of Automobiles, AeroSpace Museum the list goes on. They have over 20 Musuems in Balboa Park all worth visiting.

I will post more when I they come to mind.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
I know, I know .. shame on me for living in Irvine and never going, but if I recall, the last time I decided to go, I think it was a weekend, they were CLOSED ... shrug .. post how you like it.

I want to go because I'm thinking about buying a classic MB actually.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by BRABUS_E500
A few places you and the wifey will appreciate..

Visit Symbolic Motors in La Jolla San Diego. It's an exotic car dealership/gallery. They have the baddest cars there. I was there 2 days ago with a friend dropping his car off for service and we spent 3 hours there looking and talking about the cars they have. They got 2 Enzo's right now, 3 Bugatti Veyron's Phantom drop tops, 2 Lamborghini Murcielago's roadsters, an old school Ferrari GTB race car and the list goes on. Even got a Mclaren F1.

It's a dealership but everyone is cool and everyone stops by there to gawk and drool over their cars

Also visit Classic Car in Downtown San Diego on 5th Ave and E street. Its also a dealership/gallery. Original GT40's, Mini Coopers with motor swaps...the list goes on.

Balboa Park in San Diego (near downtown SD) has a bunch of museums. Mueseum of Man, Museum of Automobiles, AeroSpace Museum the list goes on. They have over 20 Musuems in Balboa Park all worth visiting.

I will post more when I they come to mind.
Thanks. I've been to the San Diego Auto Museum, so that was definitely on my list already. I'll make a note of Classic Car and Symbolic Motors as well. We're going to make a day trip to Disneyland (yes, I know it's 100 miles from Coronado) and I hope to stop by MB Classic Center on the way back.