E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Installing Alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-220 CDI
Installing Alarm

Hi, what do i have to do in order to install an alarm system on my car. When i lock the doors the lights are flashing, does this mean i already have one? cuz i have opened the door with the safety key and the alarm did not start. besides the alarm led does not flash. Isn't the alarm standard on E-class 2004 model, because i'm getting really confused
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by server_account
Hi, what do i have to do in order to install an alarm system on my car. When i lock the doors the lights are flashing, does this mean i already have one? cuz i have opened the door with the safety key and the alarm did not start. besides the alarm led does not flash. Isn't the alarm standard on E-class 2004 model, because i'm getting really confused

You don't say where you come from but if it is an E220CDI, it cannot be the US where the alarm likely is standard. In Europe it isn't, not everywhere in Europe. But if you have the alarm leds at the rear view mirror, you should have one, perhaps it is broken. Or are you confusing it with a garage door remote control or something?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-220 CDI
The car is from Germany. The led that should be flashing is situated on the central locking button on the main console. The only problem is that i cannot figure it out if the car has or has not an alarm system. by the way, when i lock the car all the light flash, but is this because of the central locking?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
dont even bother installing anything but OEM... unless you want lots of headaches
Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Most likely your car comes standard with a keyless entry system. So all it will do is lock, unlock, pop open your trunk, and maybe have panic feature if there is a panic button on your remote. Also, from what it sounds like your LED doesn't flash which again points to keyless entry. To get the alarm system, which will trigger if the trunk, door, or hood is openned while the system is armed (the older benzes also triggered if the brake pedal is presed, i think this has been removed), you will probably need an alarm module from mercedes and most likely some other parts.

You could go aftermarket, but you should probably go with the factory system since you have the door locks and keyless entry system already on it. This is coming from a guy who manufacturers car alarms for a living. You could also add an interior motion sensor to the alarm if you get the alarm. That's what I want to get for my E-class.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by server_account
The car is from Germany. The led that should be flashing is situated on the central locking button on the main console. The only problem is that i cannot figure it out if the car has or has not an alarm system. by the way, when i lock the car all the light flash, but is this because of the central locking?
OK, it is a W211, I was not supposed to reveal my W211 does not have an alarm. I really do not remember the led on the central locking button on my car but I assume it is there even if the car does not have the factory alarm.

In any case, the exterior lights do flash when you open/close doors from the remote also in a car without a remote.

If you post (PM) your VIN, we can check it to be sure.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gaazmon
Most likely your car comes standard with a keyless entry system. So all it will do is lock, unlock, pop open your trunk, and maybe have panic feature if there is a panic button on your remote. Also, from what it sounds like your LED doesn't flash which again points to keyless entry. To get the alarm system, which will trigger if the trunk, door, or hood is openned while the system is armed (the older benzes also triggered if the brake pedal is presed, i think this has been removed), you will probably need an alarm module from mercedes and most likely some other parts.

You could go aftermarket, but you should probably go with the factory system since you have the door locks and keyless entry system already on it. This is coming from a guy who manufacturers car alarms for a living. You could also add an interior motion sensor to the alarm if you get the alarm. That's what I want to get for my E-class.
You could try explaining that with more simple terms. All W211 cars do come with a remote key. Are you referring to this or are you referring to KG? Euro cars do not have the panic button (European car owners do not panic ). Since not even US W211 cars come standard with KG, I assume you mean the standard remote key. But how do you figure out from this if the car has an alarm or not?

Is the tow-away feature standard with an alarm or an option (could have checked myself). The presence of this button would be a clear visual indication.
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
You could try explaining that with more simple terms. All W211 cars do come with a remote key. Are you referring to this or are you referring to KG? Euro cars do not have the panic button (European car owners do not panic ). Since not even US W211 cars come standard with KG, I assume you mean the standard remote key. But how do you figure out from this if the car has an alarm or not?

Is the tow-away feature standard with an alarm or an option (could have checked myself). The presence of this button would be a clear visual indication.
Yes, I am referring to the remote key. Lol, yes us Americans are more prone to panicing. I would have prefered that the red button say "Oh Sh**" than panic, that way it would be called the Oh Sh** Button.

I believe that the LED not flashing (maybe there is no LED behind the buttons) and the car not alarming when he arms with the remote, but unlocks and opens the front door with the key indicate he doesn't have the alarm, but then again I could be wrong. I can try locking with the remote and unlocking with the key myself and see what happens.

In the US, on most benzes, the tow-away feature comes standard. I don't know how this is in europe.