Noteworthy BELL and WHISTLE of new E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 01:03 AM
QQQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY2001 C320
Thumbs up Noteworthy BELL and WHISTLE of new E

The current issue of German magazine AUTO ZEITUNG shows many good pics of new E-Class interior. Many new features have been highlighted in previous posts. Other bell and whistle:

1. Fuel gauge appears to be a vertical digital indicator on the left hand side, not an analog needle.

2. Behind the rocker switch panel (housing heated seats, hazard signals) is the new IN DASH 6-CD CHANGER. The whole wood panel is shifted up via a hinge to reveal the CD changer. All CDs are inserted via a single slot, instead of the CD magazine.

3. Optional DYNAMIC multi-contour front seats pump air to side bolsters during cornering (based on lateral g force sensor) to provide additional lateral support. It also massages your back while driving.

4. Optional front passgener seat back can be completely folded down to allow extra long items (up to 2.8m or 9 ft) to be carried in conjunction with fold-down rear seats.

5. With the new electrohydraulic brakes (EHB), brake pedal no longer pulsates when ABS, ASR or ESP is activated.

6. Optional four zone air climate control allows rear passengers to adjust temp and air flow. It also adjusts air flow based on passenger occupancy.

7. Optional surround sound audio system.

Old 01-16-2002, 01:18 AM

14 'E550
Cool stuff, I wonder if the new Eclass will have the door close assist (standard or optional) like the S. Available power rear seats would be nice as well.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:34 AM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Unfortunately, I don't see either coming as a new E feature.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I agree with QQQ. If too many of the S-class' features make their way into the E-class, people might not see a good enough reason to buy an S-class.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:52 AM

14 'E550
I can appreciate that, but the door assist feature? There is so much new wacky technology being packed into the new E...wouldn't think this would be a big issue.

How about just heated rear seats?
Old 01-16-2002, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
All in due time, beltfed. Remember when ESP first came out, it was only available on the S-class? Now it's standard on every model. I don't see power rear seats making it to lesser models anytime soon however. The S-class has had that feature since the Eighties, and it's still only available on that model.