E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

rear rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320
rear rattle

have a 2005 e320 does anybody having a rattle in rear when in bumps? not sure exactly where in the rear but always hears it in humps or bumps specially in the morning. And one more thing ..the aux jack is in the glovebox..does MB expect us to put ipods or players in th eglovebox because i dont see and space for wire jack to go out. Is it were suppose just to force the gbox to close with wire going out to the side? Or is there a space for it to go out that I just dont know about.......
Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 Wagon 4Matic
I have a rattle in my "rear" (fnar fnar) but I got a wagon, and reckon it's the wheel jack, which just sits on top of the spare wheel. Not sure where my jack is meant to go somewhere specific.

On audio, I have the wire sticking out of the glove box. I have a Sirius S2. But if you get the IPod adapter installed in the glove box, you will have a cradle to insert your IPod into, so it won't rattle around. You will also lose the Aux socket, when you get the cradle installed. But! then you will be able to control the IPod from your steering wheel controls, so there would be no need to handle the IPod directly.

Others can confirm if I described that correctly.

I never got bit by the IPod bug, so I'm happy with my S2, sitting on the ashtray cover, and the wire sticking out