E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

20" Sexy Wheels with Tires too

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008 | 12:59 AM

20" Sexy Wheels with Tires too

So, I go to the dealer and pick up a new '09 E class because I love the tech of the new Command system. The first thing I need to do is put my wheels from my '06 on the car and the guy at the local Tire Man place calls me over and briefly shows me how my old wheels don't fit on the new car...huh?

He then shows me books of nice stuff and we settle on a nice set for thousands of dollars. I was trying to match what I had because I loved them...they were some sort of Giavanna with all new rubber.

Nobody I talk to can believe me about the change in axel size so I go to another Tire Man branch and it turns out you just need to remove the tip of the axel as my wheels had that piece built-in...Doh!

My new wheels are fine but my old ones were too...although, the rubber didn't have tons of life left so I needed new tires anyway. I'm going to take pictures and put my old ones on Ebay this weekend but I figured I would tell the story and preview them here (I have some pictures of my old car, showing off the great wheels). They are staggared 20 x 8.5, 20 x 10 and they have Pirelli P-Zero Nero rubber mounted as a bonus.

A better close-up of the wheels can be seen here:

http://www.thespotlowrider.com/produ...XY_BY_MHT.html

I'm thinking about $800 (plus whatever UPS wants for shipping from Los Angeles) for the whole set would be a nice deal for someone.

Steve
stevedcannon@gmail.com