MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   My New 2009 E350 Sport! (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/261258-my-new-2009-e350-sport.html)

pmb600 09-17-2008 12:41 AM

My New 2009 E350 Sport!

I finally got my new car last month but I've been neglecting MB World and haven't yet posted any pics. So here it is, a 2009 E350 4Matic Sport. Black/Black MB Tex Interior with Premium 1. I spent some time cleaning it on Sunday and it came out looking great. I don't have any pics of the interior, but I will take some soon, especially of the new COMAND system. The new system and voice control are greatly enhanced compared to the older designs. I've been very happy with the car, it handles and drives so well, the ride is perfect, and I love the thick AMG steering wheel.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8...sfront1jd1.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5...sfront2lf8.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2...sfront3uf8.jpg

AMGTestDriverNJ 09-17-2008 12:45 AM

Go Jersey, its your birthday

MB Fanatic 09-17-2008 12:57 AM

Looks great. Now buy some good quality 5.1 DVD-A discs. Congratulations on the purchase. Oh take the front plate off.

Dema 09-17-2008 01:12 AM

Post interior as finish cleaning

FIDDY-SEVEN 09-17-2008 03:02 AM

Your car looks freakin awesome. I think the 2009 will be a classic because of what the 2010 E Class looks like ( so far ). At least in my opinion - the 2009 body style is perfect, sleek and sexy... Did your rims come with the car or is it a part of the appearance package upgrade? Congrats on your purchase...

BRABUS_E500 09-17-2008 03:29 AM

Congrats and the car is beautiful :y:y:y

Time for some BRABUS mods :zoom::naughty::):y

Scraz51 09-17-2008 05:21 AM

Dude whats up with your brakes.

rob13572468 09-17-2008 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful.. I love that car in black...

heres a nice command pic to go with the rest...

SPNJHockey 09-17-2008 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3057456)
I finally got my new car last month but I've been neglecting MB World and haven't yet posted any pics. So here it is, a 2009 E350 4Matic Sport. Black/Black MB Tex Interior with Premium 1. I spent some time cleaning it on Sunday and it came out looking great. I don't have any pics of the interior, but I will take some soon, especially of the new COMAND system. The new system and voice control are greatly enhanced compared to the older designs. I've been very happy with the car, it handles and drives so well, the ride is perfect, and I love the thick AMG steering wheel.

Get it in Paramus or Morristown?
Very nice (we have good taste).

AMGTestDriverNJ 09-17-2008 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic (Post 3057494)
Looks great. Now buy some good quality 5.1 DVD-A discs. Congratulations on the purchase. Oh take the front plate off.

NJ Police might open fire if he removes that hahahaha that is like cardinal here they get you everytime

murman 09-17-2008 11:11 AM

Do my eyes deceive me or does this car not have a button to open the door to the CD changer? I don't see the little chrome treatment where the button is supposed to be...

Benz-O-Rama 09-17-2008 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by murman (Post 3058044)
Do my eyes deceive me or does this car not have a button to open the door to the CD changer? I don't see the little chrome treatment where the button is supposed to be...

Yeah. That whole COMAND looks different than mine. What's that little tiny slot above the CD slot? Looks like you can put a SIM card in there or something.

clkeezy 09-17-2008 05:43 PM

it's right under the triangle (emergency lights)

007_e350 09-17-2008 05:48 PM

I love that front grill!! Whats different in command console from the 06 ?? :crazy:

MB Fanatic 09-17-2008 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 007_e350 (Post 3058737)
I love that front grill!! Whats different in command console from the 06 ?? :crazy:

The COMAND now plays DVD-A 5.1, has the latest maps, easier interface, bluetooth is built into the unit, and S class Navigation. :D

Its also much faster.

pmb600 09-17-2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by FIDDY-SEVEN (Post 3057654)
Your car looks freakin awesome. I think the 2009 will be a classic because of what the 2010 E Class looks like ( so far ). At least in my opinion - the 2009 body style is perfect, sleek and sexy... Did your rims come with the car or is it a part of the appearance package upgrade? Congrats on your purchase...

The AMG wheels are part of the AMG Sport Package which is standard on all 2009 Sport Sedans.

pmb600 09-17-2008 09:28 PM

The COMAND in the 2009 E-Class, and pretty much every other MB model, is brand new. The system has increased functionality, no more DVD based nav, it now has a hard drive with a music register. The CD Changer is now a single feed slot above the screen which is why there is no silver button below the hazard signal.

pmb600 09-17-2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama (Post 3058294)
Yeah. That whole COMAND looks different than mine. What's that little tiny slot above the CD slot? Looks like you can put a SIM card in there or something.

You can put an SD Memory Card with music files or you can put your address book on there and download it to the headunit for use with the phone.

I'm surprised that more people on here aren't familiar with the new COMAND system, I thought there was a lot of discussion about it on the forum here.

The new system is AMAZING. Voice control is even better than the S-Class, and definately the best in the industry. There are more ways to listen to music than you can use: iPod media interface that now shows up on the COMAND screen, Music Register for ripping music directly to the car's hard drive, SD memory card slot for audio files, 6-Disc DVD/CD changer that also plays video, and even MP3 CDs.

pmb600 09-17-2008 09:42 PM

All brake rotors turn brown with rust as soon as you wash the car and wheels or if the car is sitting parked in the rain. It all goes away as soon as you drive the car and use the brakes.

Dema 09-18-2008 12:14 AM

The new command is lacking in usability. For example you have choice between satellite/FM and HD radio, however when you press radio, you will be brought in last radio selection, press radio again, it won't switch you over selections, so you need to select audio in menu and then select other radio choice. The same for disk, you can't walk through discs options just continue pressing disc button as iPod, memory or CD changer.
New BT is also really crappy, it won’t manage address book from many popular phones, I have a talk with a dealer and it seems no solution from MB yet.
Regarding HD based navigation; it is also questionable how to update maps and POI. You suppose to buy DVDs with updates and then load them in the system. So there is no much advantages against just DVD based system.

mac911 09-18-2008 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3057456)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8...sfront1jd1.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5...sfront2lf8.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2...sfront3uf8.jpg

The car is really gorgeous. I'm going to really miss the look of these E-Class, when they change it. I think it's just perfect right now.

BRABUS_E500 09-18-2008 12:20 PM

Damn, just reading here on the updates on that new Command. That thing is S-I-C-K :y:y DVD-A 5.1, has the latest maps, easier interface, bluetooth is built into the unit, and S class Navigation.

I need to upgrade :smash::eek::slap:

murman 09-18-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3059059)
The CD Changer is now a single feed slot above the screen which is why there is no silver button below the hazard signal.

Interesting... so the storage unit (behind the motorized door) that used to be included under the "no changer" option no longer exists?

gaazmon 09-18-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3059079)
All brake rotors turn brown with rust as soon as you wash the car and wheels or if the car is sitting parked in the rain. It all goes away as soon as you drive the car and use the brakes.

That's why after I wash I pump the brakes a lot at low speeds to get the rust off.

pmb600 09-18-2008 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dema (Post 3059279)
The new command is lacking in usability. For example you have choice between satellite/FM and HD radio, however when you press radio, you will be brought in last radio selection, press radio again, it won't switch you over selections, so you need to select audio in menu and then select other radio choice. The same for disk, you can't walk through discs options just continue pressing disc button as iPod, memory or CD changer.
New BT is also really crappy, it won’t manage address book from many popular phones, I have a talk with a dealer and it seems no solution from MB yet.
Regarding HD based navigation; it is also questionable how to update maps and POI. You suppose to buy DVDs with updates and then load them in the system. So there is no much advantages against just DVD based system.

The main advantage of hard drive based nav is speed. It reads off the drive much quicker than a DVD. Also I am not having the experience you do with the radio button. In my car if you push Radio once it brings you to the radio band you last were listening too: e.g. AM/FM/Weather Band/Sirius. As you push the button it scrolls through the different radios. Or just use the voice control, pull the lever and say "AM or FM or Sirius." You should check into this because every 2009 E-Class I have tried works the way mine does, not the way you report it does.