AUX plug and cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
AUX plug and cable

So got home at 1:00 AM this morning, ended class at 9:45 last night. Went to chipotle with a friend then watched the v.p. debates at his house (and some south park as well ).

Question is (I really think of the weirdest things at the weirdest times) is there a way to route the cable from inside the glovebox without having the cable squished in the glove box door. I tried looking for an opening under the glove box and routing it through where the light in the glovebox is (pop out the plastic lense and route from behind) but couldn't get it done. What have you guys done?
Old 10-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C240 4MATIC, 2010 ML350
You my iPod docking cable does that too. I've been thinking of trying to maybe get some sort of cabletie/routing thing at Home Depot that I can use a couple of dots of super glue and stick the cable down so that I can attach my iPod, and close the glove box and not shove the cable down first, the curve of the cable always wants to float up...if that makes any sense.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by ChrisBrown
You my iPod docking cable does that too. I've been thinking of trying to maybe get some sort of cabletie/routing thing at Home Depot that I can use a couple of dots of super glue and stick the cable down so that I can attach my iPod, and close the glove box and not shove the cable down first, the curve of the cable always wants to float up...if that makes any sense.
I know what you mean exactly, it's very annoying. Why couldn't there be a hole in the glove box underneath to route the wire through cause your not gonna keep your ipod in the glove box unless you have the ipod adapter kit.