E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Replacing driver's side motor mount?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Replacing driver's side motor mount?

Could someone please explain how to get the driver's side motor mount out of the vehicle once it has been removed? I was struggling with it for a good 2 hours this weekend and couldn't figure it out, ended up admitting defeat and putting it back together.

Any help would be appreciated,

Will
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Best help you can receive is the phone number to buy the official service manual.

800.for.merc

You'll use it again and again
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
I know this is a common problem on these cars so I thought I would post my solution.

First you must remove several of the lower plastic covers. You must then remove the 4 bolts that hold on the steering rack (the 18mm bolts) these bolts have a nut on the backside that you must hold with a box wrench. Simply leave the steering rack hanging. You are now able to separate the steering column - it helps to mark its position before you take it apart. After this remove the bottom and top bolts for the motor mount. Jack up the engine slightly from the oil pan and slide out the engine mount FROM THE BOTTOM. It helps (but is not required) to remove the white (or yellow and covered with oil..) plastic boot first and to coat the mount in WD40 to facilitate its removal.

Edit: The heat shield goes on top!! Dont spend 3 hours trying to sandwich it inbetween everything

Last edited by W Cole; 10-17-2008 at 04:10 AM.