E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

HELP WITH Facelift AMG Conversion!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320
HELP WITH Facelift AMG Conversion!!

Anyone please help!! I am doing a facelift bumper conversion.. from a sport 320 to a Amg sport package Facelift bumper. I have the front bumper and radiator main grill coming, as well as the lower center grill. I tried ordering the rest of the parts from my local dealer, but they have messed it up everytime, even with VIN numbers from cars that have the exact same package ??? Heres what i still need: left, right, and center bumper reinforcement - left and right fog light cover flaps - left and right fog light chrome covers - Front, left, right, left outer and right outer styrofoam energy absorbers - and Finally Left and RIght Fog Lights. Thats a total of 14 parts.... The dealer cannot get it right and won't order anything for me until i know 100% for sure that its correct, as they will not let me return anything else... My car now is sitting without a front bumper.. and not enough parts to put the new bumper on.... If anyone can help or suggest anything .. any advice is much appreciated....
Old 10-22-2008, 11:04 PM

Sorry I don't know part numbers for a sport to an amg facelift conversion. And that's the most difficult part about the conversion But are you doing the conversion yourself..or is your bodyshop? I don't understand how they can get the foglight setup messed up? That's essentially the same for every amg car. Anyway, What options does your car have? Washer lamps on the bumper? Parktronic? List the options that might be a start.
Originally Posted by nikkatine
Anyone please help!! I am doing a facelift bumper conversion.. from a sport 320 to a Amg sport package Facelift bumper. I have the front bumper and radiator main grill coming, as well as the lower center grill. I tried ordering the rest of the parts from my local dealer, but they have messed it up everytime, even with VIN numbers from cars that have the exact same package ??? Heres what i still need: left, right, and center bumper reinforcement - left and right fog light cover flaps - left and right fog light chrome covers - Front, left, right, left outer and right outer styrofoam energy absorbers - and Finally Left and RIght Fog Lights. Thats a total of 14 parts.... The dealer cannot get it right and won't order anything for me until i know 100% for sure that its correct, as they will not let me return anything else... My car now is sitting without a front bumper.. and not enough parts to put the new bumper on.... If anyone can help or suggest anything .. any advice is much appreciated....
Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 PM

2003 e320
I am doing the conversion myself. The bumper i am converting to is a 2007 AMG package bumper. It's almost like an E63 front bumper, but without the side vents, different foglights, coverflaps and chrome trim for those fog lights. It has headlight washers, which i can re-use off of my old bumper, and does not have parktronic. I got the tow hook cover , new hood latch , lower mesh grill, new radiator grill from formymercedes.com, and chrome moldings already. I have the front center bumper reinforcement, left , and right.. but i don't know for sure if they are the correct ones. I checked my part numbers with yours and it seems they are the same for the center, but different for the left and right.. so i might have the right ones, but my dealer can't confirm it, so i am going to have to try a test fit... but i don't know if i have the right styrofoam energy absorbers either... and in order for the reinforcements to fit on the bumper correctly you have to have the correct styrofoam parts in place. I have 30 days to figure this out, if i plan on exchanging or returning any of these parts.. but my dealer will not order anything else for me unless i want to be stuck with it if its incorrect. I have the incorrect foglight cover flaps and chrome trims also... they are like yours but without the two strips on each side of the trim. The ones i need arch downward at the outer edges... not up. I also need foglights, but i don't know if the foglights are the same for the non-amg and amg. Visually only the e63 looks different because they are round. Yours and mine are both oval. I basically need the exact parts that UNCLEBENZ has on his.. but for some reason my dealership cannot figure it out.. If i order through hit and miss... i may end up spending like 5X as much... I will try out of state soon or out of area dealers and see if they can get the parts right and maybe ship them direct to me, but as of right now... ANY HELP would make me feel better... *sigh*