E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Settings in SDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 CDI Estate, E500 4M Wagon
Thx Gents - ok good clarification that teleaid active/deactive has no bearing on the system.

What I need, then, is instructions to pass to the tech here that show how to enable the phone functions on the COMAND. The popular thread "puck with tail" uses an older version of SDS, those screen shots are not valid anymore. This current thread appears to have the correct SDS shots, but ends with no solution.

I watched over the shoulder with the tech today and we went through every available control unit - the COMAND unit does not have a "fitted" option, and there is no CTEL menu available that we could find outside of the teleaid system - which, since disabled, is not adjustable in STAR.

Can anyone recommend specific, step-by-step screen shots that I can pass to the tech? Else the Cartronics unit is useless to me, and I'd like to use it. Same issue as the Bluetooth puck, I believe.

Thanks,

Connor
Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
You have a tech that does not know how to use SDS? I don't have screen shots, but just go to:
MOST configurations and interrogate the loop for ACTUAL vs INDICATED. Then store the actual configuration. The iTronic will be seen as a factory part.
Also go to Cluster and turn on Handsfree if it is not already.
Is this an actual US car? Or a UK car that has some US parts in it. It makes a big difference.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM

Cartronics - thx for the post. I'm excited to use the iTronic, but certainly will need help with the coding. Can we talk via phone later today? I can call in approx 4 hrs - 3 PM your time. Who can I ask for?

PM the info if desired.

Thanks,

Connor
Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Of course, call anytime - press 2 for tech support.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:47 PM

Problem solved for myself; it was phone-related. The BB must be set to download address books in the W211 system, or it won't pair. If no phone pairs, the phone features will not work on the COMAND. The key to noting if you have coding required, in my opinion, is whether you have "telephone not installed" vs "please insert telephone" displayed. The former = you need coding.

As for the original question on SDS coding...the "portable telephone installed" I think is the answer the puck w/tail & other bluetooth folks are looking for. It is under different menu's depending on the version of STAR that is used. I believe for me today it was under the AGW menu, but I'm not sure. If I get more clarification I'll post back here.

Thx all, and good work by Cartronics finding out the cause for my issue. I'll buy from them again.

Smash
Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Yes it's under the AGW settings.