C350 Loaner, Impressive...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah I felt like I got into a Bentley when getting back into my car after driving the C for a couple of weeks.

They're saying they wouldn't replace the window motors? I dunno but I would be PISSED if I didn't get something that simple replaced since I spent so much money on a CPO car with the year extension on top of it.

Maybe M-B is getting a lot tighter with Warranty work as they're in a big financial bind right now, but I personally don't think any out of pocket expense should be payed on a CPO car period for any defects that aren't considered "wear and tear", maybe someone who's really knowlegable on the subject can chime in....
Ya, and the S/A I go to is a friend also. He was telling me how they've gotten so tight on them with what they can perform and can't. MBUSA has been really bringing it down on the dealers. My friends AT&T say the same thing. About 2 1/2 yrs ago I got a Palm Treo 650 for $130 after rebate (regular price after rebate was $199) w/ a free case, car charger, & motorola bluetooth headset ($50 at the time). And I didn't have to get the expensive data plan for the rebate, they put me on one 1/3 the price for 3 months and then I cancelled. I went a couple of months ago to buy a phone for my sister and all I can get was a free case and had to pay advertised price. He said they've gotten really tough and he's a manager too. Just how things are I gues with the "crunch".
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
I'm telling you man, no disrespect to the 320, but those things are DOGS!! When my mom had her E320 back in the day I remember thinking I couldn't believe how slow it felt.
Ya, I miss the 350 engine already. That thing was just so nice and deep and powerful too. That's the ONLY thing I miss from that car. Well also that nice little control knob, way better than the ones in BMW's that I've used.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I definitely like the 350 engine, being that I'm not mashing it everywhere, it has more than enough power for me day to day, feels refined, and feels and sounds wild enough when pushed hard. One thing that bores me is underpowered (at least under Torque'd) cars, but I think the 350 is just right, definitely not underpowered, but obviously not a monster by any means.

I missed that knob too, I kept going for it when back in my car. That would have been nice had the 211 had it. But at least we get the MUCH nicer and classier screen display than that low-fi, boring Radio unit in the C and the stick-up screen display.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
I definitely like the 350 engine, being that I'm not mashing it everywhere, it has more than enough power for me day to day, feels refined, and feels and sounds wild enough when pushed hard. One thing that bores me is underpowered (at least under Torque'd) cars, but I think the 350 is just right, definitely not underpowered, but obviously not a monster by any means.

I missed that knob too, I kept going for it when back in my car. That would have been nice had the 211 had it. But at least we get the MUCH nicer and classier screen display than that low-fi, boring Radio unit in the C and the stick-up screen display.
Yes, the Comand screen the W211 has is beautiful. And the 09 one is even better.