E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Possible transmission issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008 | 04:45 PM

Mercedes E320
Possible transmission issue

Hey guys,

I have an E320 CDI late 2004 (I am from Europe) with Brabus D6 box. When car is cold and i start it up in the morning, it will have some really harsh shifting...it kinda bangs into gears, it sounds like it shifts from 2nd to 3rd a bit too early and the car just jumps, there is also a light buzzing noise... this is one issue and it happens only when car is cold, once it warms up...this problem goes away.

Now last night i drove it a bit harder for a few minutes, i was switching back and forth from C to S mode and stuff, i took it up to redline and...after that i noticed that i can't keep constant speed... rpms go up and down , i even set cruise control at 70km/h and car would kinda jump front and back and i noticed rpms go up and down like 200-300rpms.

This morning i drove car again and constant speed issue went away, it works ok now but cold start issue (the first one) was there again until car warmed up.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks for help!
Old 12-06-2008 | 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
I'm not sure but I think it would probably be a good idea to remove the D6 box before you bring it to the dealer.....g'luck