Opinion Poll on Possible Lighting Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Lightbulb Opinion Poll on Possible Lighting Mod

As many of you know, I have a Brabus W211. The Brabus model comes with 4 fog lights, 2 on either side. The car itself is white and I have been thinking about how yellow fog lights would look down there. I think the contrast would be nice, but I'd like some opinions. I have my buddy suggashane (W208) working on a photoshop for me right now. I realized, however, that if I do yellow bulbs, they are only yellow when on and I retain the authentic brabus look when they are off. With Yellow tint Laminx they are always yellow, which I think I may like also. The problem is I'm not sure which would make more sense. Do I want to compromise the authentic Brabus look by filming the fogs? Will yellow film with the stock bulbs project yellow? Is that going to look bad? Who knows. Hopefully you've all got some insight for me! Thanks alot guys!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here are the photoshops. Thanks to suggashane!! Vote please!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Opinion Poll on Possible Lighting Mod-yellow-2.jpg   Opinion Poll on Possible Lighting Mod-yellow-4.jpg  
Old 12-13-2008, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
i think it would look pretty sick with the yellow film. anyway if you don't like it rip it off!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I voted "your crazy stop modding your car" . I just liked that option but I'm not really digging the yellow look because it looks like it contrasts too much(especially with the parking lots). Are the brabus models originally yellow fog lights?
Old 12-14-2008, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by erifly
I voted "your crazy stop modding your car" . I just liked that option but I'm not really digging the yellow look because it looks like it contrasts too much(especially with the parking lots). Are the brabus models originally yellow fog lights?
Haha, yea tell me about it I would vote the same! Lol, anyway, the lowbeams are now 6000k thanks to MTEC. I think they look great, its the first time I've done HIDs on any car I've had. Came out awesome. The Brabus cars do not traditionally have yellow fog lights which is why I'm shaky about compromising the authenticity of the car, but then again it may look great so I threw a poll up. Apparantly not to many people like to vote though??? Anyway...yea I need to stop messing with this car. I bought an E63 steering wheel off Brabus2ner in the classifieds section not 2 long ago and that will be getting installed shortly! I'm excited because Steve from MBenzNL has written me up step by step instructions (albeit in german) on the SDS for my MB tech to version code the car for the paddle shifting function to work! I'm super excited about that, but as you can see, I clearly have a problem! I just can't stop!!! I'm looking at headrest monitors from vizualogic who make the oem ones for the benz trucks, possible small JL audio setup in the trunk, still working with Vogtland in regards to getting the 4matic lowered, new wheels/tires, haha I've got to stop! Thats why I put that option there! Its just too much fun though. Its really all your faults because you keep prompting me w/ new ideas and now that i've got people photoshopping the stuff I see in my head its just out of control haha. Please VOTE guys!!