E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

West Covina Penske - Service advisor recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanting to take my '06 into servicing for some service updates and a smelly A/C system

My service adviser has always been Jeremy ****@Penske, but I felt that he never give's a (bad word here) when I call him or bring my car in. Is rather impatient and has the wrong type of attitude for his field of work. I'm not asking Lexus style service here. But in comparison with Penske and other dealers, the quality of service I receive when I took my Nissan 350Z in for an oil change @ Nissan West Covina, has its measurable differences.

Anyways, I'm hoping that it could just be my service advisor that never gives a hoot. Can someone recommend another service advisor at Penske that might actually care about their customers?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:57 PM

11 W164 BlueTec, 09 E82
Peter Yee. <-- He was my SA @ Rusnak but he recently moved back to Penske. He's a super super cool guy.

Last edited by byum; 01-16-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,433 Likes on 3,150 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by kansansiao
Wanting to take my '06 into servicing for some service updates and a smelly A/C system
As a reminder, warranty covers air conditioning odor mention DTB S-B-83-30/74k SEPT08.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E500, 2011 ML350
There is also another DTB that states it is "normal". Best way to stop the odor from forming:

1. If you have REST feature, turn it on after using a/c

2. If you do not have REST feature, turn a/c off (leave fan on) for last couple minutes of driving.

Get the moisture blown off the evaporator, and there is nothing to get musty....stop the problem where it stops----the cleaning is like covering up b/o with cologne----it would work better to just take a shower.

Last edited by MB211; 01-16-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 PM

2004 e320
I purchased my car at South Bay Merecedes, which has the worst service advisors on this planet or any other.

Anywho, I ended up taken my mercedes to penske in west covina, and feel that I have the really great SA now. His name is rudy...ask for him....he is way kewl.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550

My service adviser has always been Jeremy ****@Penske, but I felt that he never give's a (bad word here) when I call him or bring my car in. Is rather impatient and has the wrong type of attitude for his field of work. I'm not asking Lexus style service here. But in comparison with Penske and other dealers, the quality of service I receive when I took my Nissan 350Z in for an oil change @ Nissan West Covina, has its measurable differences.

Anyways, I'm hoping that it could just be my service advisor that never gives a hoot. Can someone recommend another service advisor at Penske that might actually care about their customers?
I have been going to Rusnak in Pasadena. They are closed on the weekends and then the service shop was transferred to Arcadia.

I needed to take my car in for a repair on a Saturday. I had been to Penske in a few years.

I was assigned to Michael Doehla an assistant service manager. The repairs were done in a couple of hours. He was very business like. He had the mechanic come out an explain to me how the repair was done. I thank him and he said we like to make sure everyone is happy with the work. I took my wife car back in a couple of hours because of a problem with the brake lights. The mechanic put it on the rack didn't find any leaks and said the front sensor was not connected. The mechanic assured us there no problems with the brakes.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats

CraigTom