E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

More Power for the 2.6L V6..I know I know..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
More Power for the 2.6L V6..I know I know..

Hi all,
Ok I know this topic has been done into the ground on numerous occasion..however, I live in a country...far far away (!) that has absurd import rules so getting an E55 AMG would cost me about $250,000..pre- owned about half that!! but even thats not allowed.
We pay duties that would make your eyes water..a $175 tire from Tire rack ends up on the car, costing..wait for it.....$600.!!
We had the E240, now the E280, new cost...$125,000..I s@#t you not!!

SO back to the topic of discussion..engine upgrades are out..would love to bung a 55AMG motor into the cow, but its apparently illegal here..and it would cost more than a new car..

I see a lot of posts on the UD pulleys, but no real "scientific" proof of actual power gains. Also, it is ALWAYS 100 degrees+ here and there is ALWAYS bumper to bumper traffic, so the A/C is on constantly..so in the rains, every conceivable electric thing on the car is on..would the UD pulleys affect this?

What about an ECU remap/chip tuning..again vague and no real proof..
I have changed the Mufflers to AMG ones, would changing the cats out or adding headers make much of an improvement?

Has anyone dared to attempt a re-bore of the V6? Maybe out to 3litres or so? What about any head work? Cams?

I know Kleeman makes a SC for it, but by the time I get it, it would have cost me, I don't know..$15,000-18,000??

She's big, beautiful and very comfortable, but Good God, Ive got Civics running circles around me..!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not underdrive! It will cause tons of problems, and the benefits are not worth it.

Your best bet may be to send your engine to Brabus, they have a Brabus 3.8 that is based off of your engine, and it produces 280ps, 390nm, and will get your car to 250 km/hr (probably more with the manual 6 speed).

I do not know how much brabus charges, but it may be the same price as the Kleemann kit, since you are only shipping your enging out and having it shipped back to you, you may not have to pay the duties involved in everything else (as long as you are quiet about what happens to your engine while it is away).
Old 01-18-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Untertürkheim,
I am going to find out..that sounds really interesting!!
Are you saying that the "little" 2.6 can be bored out to 3.8litres???
Could I do it, if I have access to a machine shop? My friend does a lot of delicate engine work for classic Ferraris, Maseratis and Porsches..could I get aftermarket pistons?? Would this be viable because i could get the boring work done for next to nothing..
300BHP!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!