Best Suspension Mod e350 non sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E350
Best Suspension Mod e350 non sport

Hey Guys,

Have a 2006 e350 non sport and will be changing the stock 17 wheels to 19's. I am also not satisfied with the stock suspension feel. Way too soft. Would like more of a sport handling. Anyway what is your guys recommendation for a slight lowering and sportier ride? I was thinking H&R springs but don't know if I would like the 1.5 inch lower look. Have any of you messed around with the spacers under the stock springs? It's my understanding that they range from 5mm to 30mm or more. Is this true? My car rides pretty high above the tires.

I have seen the other e's on this forum with 20's and hr springs and have heard of rubbing problems. I don't want to mess with those problems as I cart my family around alot. So I thought 19's with more tire would be a safer bet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW any pictures of before and after lowering would be great. Post them here or PM me.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350 sport
you can drop your ride without buying springs by just removing spring pads in front and back..also some washers in front can be removed too but to do all this you have to do alot of work about 3 hours of hard work for some one that is good at DIYs because suspension has to be removed and springs commpressed and etc..And FYI 20s only rub if you have incorrect offset or tires...I have big rubbing problems in back so I cant drop anymore because rim shop gave me wrong rims...I changed from 285/25/20 tires to 275/30/20 in the back to adjust rubbing but it only helped a little..Gotta try a more rounded tire next time..Nitto 555s are pretty rounded..