E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate Spy Photos Emerge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate Spy Photos Emerge

Now that the 2010 Mercedes E-Class has been officially unveiled, it's only a matter of time before the estate variant of the new E makes its debut as well. While we're waiting for that momentous event to occur, here's a few new shots showcasing precisely what we have to look forward to from the upcoming model. Yes, there is still quite a bit of masking covering its various design attributes, but with a little imagination, you can make out to a large degree the amount of extra space the wagon holds over its sedan counterpart.

Not being much of a wagon connoisseur, I'll keep my thoughts on the E-Class Estate's design to myself. However, from a functional standpoint, I'm sure it will score very high on the practicability scale – assuming, of course, that you need to store a prodigious amount of crap in the back of your vehicle on a daily basis.

http://emercedesbenz.com/Jan09/28_00...os_Emerge.html
Old 01-29-2009, 12:10 PM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Looks like they're going back to the old W211 rear roofline -- which I never liked.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 ML350
Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
Looks like they're going back to the old W211 rear roofline -- which I never liked.
I think you mean the W210 roof line?

I actually don't mind the more square rear silhouette from the W210. My parents have a W211 estate and while attractive, the sloped glass can cause some practical issues with storing longer/taller objects.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Having an 03 Brabus E Class Estate I do use it for hauling stuff around, mostly little future figure skaters and their stuff. It is quite fast and nimble too. I have grown up with wagons since a kid and now as an adult would not be without one. It just feels so much better, IMHO, than rolling around in a van and we do have that too. The W211 wagon just never looked right in the tail end but the front end styling is nice. I am curious to see the newest design. I wish the 211 wagon had come with the Blutec. Has anyone seen the MB concept 2 door E Class Estate? That is a very sharp design and would once again define a new niche vehicle. Anybody remember the old Chevy Nomad wagons or am I dating myself here?

Last edited by ejsheltra; 01-29-2009 at 11:16 PM.