E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

WHAT JOBS DO MB OWNERS HAVE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Barry, I may have asked you this before. Where on L.I.? Have family in Westbury and Norwalk.

Oh yeah, CPA
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by chairman
Hey Barry, I may have asked you this before. Where on L.I.? Have family in Westbury and Norwalk.

Oh yeah, CPA
Massapequa Park (on the Nassau Suffolk border). My Sister used to live in Rockville, but moved to Northern NJ. My Daughter lives in Silver Spring while attending GW on her Masters in Ed. I like it in your neck of the woods, but your traffic lights are all out of sync & have cameras. I'd rip all my hair out.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Actuary.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM

i drive an ///M6
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
This should put a smile on your face:

Q: Why are divorces so expensive ?
A: Because they are worth it !

lol, thnx.....all kidding aside, it's definitely NOT "cheaper to keep her" in this case... well worth it......

Last edited by DarrenCT; 02-02-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 PM

2005 e500 amg pkg
Correction Officer,Mason
Old 02-02-2009, 06:13 PM

07 E350 sport
Pro fessional bra remover...lol that was funny...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
2009 S550 AMG sport pckg. 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrewcab
Friendly Local Drug dealer... at Wal-Mart
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Nickthegreek
Friendly Local Drug dealer... at Wal-Mart
I'm assuming you're the pharmacist inside and not that creepy looking guy out front in the black hoodie who keeps asking me "whatta you need, bro?"
Old 02-03-2009, 11:03 AM

For those of us in this area, we have red light cameras, speed cameras, and roaming speed cameras in mini vans. I refer to them as ATM's for the local governments.

In self defense I bought a Passport 9500X-i. I have never used a V-1, but the Passport is great at spotting those and warning you in advance. Even though the speed cameras cost $40 per hit (which is less than if you were stopped), who wants to give up that kind of money. Unfortunately I gave more than I wanted to before I got smart.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I am a full-time tri-lingual tenured teacher. I have two Business degrees and I own a side business. I have operated/owned metal recycling businesses along with self-service carwashes (all while still teaching full-time). Now I am a landlord and I manage a few of my properties. I do commercial voice over work for national and local TV / radio. I am also the voice of two characters on a cartoon series on a national network and I ironically do commercials for VWs in the Denver area. I had to have a good side business so that I could afford my lifestyle when I went into teaching 10 years ago. Now the side business has well exceeded the income I am earning teaching, but the benefits and retirement are nothing to ignore. I make good enough money to be comfortable and buy my MBs cash when they come out with a new model I like. I like to travel for 8 weeks per year. However, I don’t consider myself rich. I am sure some people do though.

But if you really want to know what I make? Well, let’s see, just this week I have made a child feel as though the C+ they earned is as valuable as an Olympic gold medal. I routinely make students sit quietly and attentively for an entire class period when many adults (including their parents) cannot make these students sit still for three minutes without an IPod or videogame console. As a teacher, I make students question and wonder. I make students show all their work, have respect and to take responsibility. I sometimes even make students feel safe, respected, wanted and appreciated (not an easy thing to do). I habitually make my students take risks and to learn from both their failures and successes. These phrases have all been used before but they do apply to my daily grind of a job. I find it ironic thought that I earn more money teaching than what I have seen a lot of people post here on this thread (still well under $100K/year from teaching alone though).

I have lived in Europe and Southern South America for half of my life and I have finally learned not to freely disclose financial information. Yes, US-Americans do tend to be blunt about this, but I don’t know if it is completely tied to their feeling of self-worth. I sure hope not!

I found this thread quite interesting though!

Steve
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by 220S
Yeah, Americans like to point out how much they make. How much you make and what you do tends to be the emphasis of the indicators of self-worth, value and identity.

There's less emphasis on non-quantitative values such as personality, philosophies, desires, intellect, etc.. And many fail to see their own value as just being "human" (for the lack of a better word.) Instead their value barometer is measured in wealth, lifestyle and consumption units.

Which is probably why even wealthy capitalists without ethics tend to be tolerated or excused. Maybe this will all change in the future, as we slowly begin to accept that self-worth based on income and profession is relatively meaningless. I hope so.
+100. My sentiment exactly.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
My professions:

Professional TOW member
Web Administrator, designer, and graphics
Network Designer
Professional T&A inspector
Investor
Landlord
Professional husband

Oh screw it, I am Professional Hustler.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by takitoz71
I'm in the military (Air Force) been in 6 yrs ...snipped
@takitoz, your Valdosta, GA location brings back memories of my pilot training year at Moody AFB @ 1966.

Retired VP/GM of the U.S. branch of a Danish Hi-Fi Company. Proud to live just a few miles from Barry's store !
Attached Thumbnails WHAT JOBS DO MB OWNERS HAVE-usaf.jpg  

Last edited by starbrite; 02-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM

W204 C63
I'm a Project Manager for an Aviation Maintenance & Engineering Software company (MRO Software for you aviation people )
Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 PM

SS Minnow Johnson
Data Analyst for Assurant Speciality Property...I do maintainence and management over property loans with insurance policies for 6 large banks HSBC, Citi Residential Lending, etc. Were a third party that insures that loans are protected by insurance required by the finanical institution. I'm a debt free 23yr old...no credit cards, no bills, except my rent and cell phone.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Originally Posted by tnb1786
Data Analyst for Assurant Speciality Property...I do maintainence and management over property loans with insurance policies for 6 large banks HSBC, Citi Residential Lending, etc. Were a third party that insures that loans are protected by insurance required by the finanical institution. I'm a debt free 23yr old...no credit cards, no bills, except my rent and cell phone.
That's really commendable..I specialize in extravagant spending..
My Credit Card companies have now resorted to sending me gifts to get me to pay my bills!!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM

your mom
Chemical Engineer

Probably also make the least out here. Well atleast not in the 6 figure. But I am also among youngest members and Single too.

Just bought an Flint grey 07 E350 with P02, sport Package.
Did have an 08 CLK 350 in the house. Garage Queen with the GTO. LOL.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:43 PM

E 500 4matic, MINI John Cooper Works
House husband - working wife, I'm retired. I cook, clean, shop, do the laundry, workout five or more days a week, ride my motorcycles whenever I can - and am ready for sex the moment my wife comes home from work - I love this job - it's far and away the best job I've ever had.

The kids are gone, the dog has died, weve sold our big home and moved into a nice condominium downtown and life has begun.

My stock portfolio has gone to **** but I am the happiest I've ever been in my lifel. And I love my E500 4matic with Crapmatic (to quote one of our own )

Steve
Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM

'07 E63
Express Carwash Equipment Manufacturer.
My '07 e63 has experienced over 600 carwashes sometimes up to 40 a day between Arizona and SoCal. There are some nice Professional Carwashes out there - don't be afraid.

How about instead of how much we make, why not talk about how much we've lost in the last year or so...

I've written off about $1.3mil so far in '08 and '09.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E500 Benz & 2015 BMW M235ix
I bought my 2003 E500 in 2005 as my retirement present after working as a senior manager in the federal government and military for 36 years but immediately started work as a Program Manager/VP for a small business company........I couldn't afford E500 if I hadn't continued working! Worked there two years and decided to fully retire at age 61 and am continuing to enjoy my E500 with the $50k auto loan paid off. Side note: Besides the 2003 E500, I also looked at a brand new 2005 Jaguar X Type which would have been cheaper......but went with the used E500 and glad I did!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:54 PM

R350
You sound like a great teacher, Steve. Keep up the good work, these kids will grow old and will not forget you. I have fond memories of the teachers that made an impact.

Originally Posted by SAguirre
I am a full-time tri-lingual tenured teacher. I
have two Business degrees and I own a side business. I have operated/owned metal recycling businesses along with self-service carwashes (all while still teaching full-time). Now I am a landlord and I manage a few of my properties. I do commercial voice over work for national and local TV / radio. I am also the voice of two characters on a cartoon series on a national network and I ironically do commercials for VWs in the Denver area. I had to have a good side business so that I could afford my lifestyle when I went into teaching 10 years ago. Now the side business has well exceeded the income I am earning teaching, but the benefits and retirement are nothing to ignore. I make good enough money to be comfortable and buy my MBs cash when they come out with a new model I like. I like to travel for 8 weeks per year. However, I don’t consider myself rich. I am sure some people do though.

But if you really want to know what I make? Well, let’s see, just this week I have made a child feel as though the C+ they earned is as valuable as an Olympic gold medal. I routinely make students sit quietly and attentively for an entire class period when many adults (including their parents) cannot make these students sit still for three minutes without an IPod or videogame console. As a teacher, I make students question and wonder. I make students show all their work, have respect and to take responsibility. I sometimes even make students feel safe, respected, wanted and appreciated (not an easy thing to do). I habitually make my students take risks and to learn from both their failures and successes. These phrases have all been used before but they do apply to my daily grind of a job. I find it ironic thought that I earn more money teaching than what I have seen a lot of people post here on this thread (still well under $100K/year from teaching alone though).

I have lived in Europe and Southern South America for half of my life and I have finally learned not to freely disclose financial information. Yes, US-Americans do tend to be blunt about this, but I don’t know if it is completely tied to their feeling of self-worth. I sure hope not!

I found this thread quite interesting though!

Steve
Old 02-15-2009, 01:55 PM

R350
Best job in here period

Originally Posted by steveberde
House husband - working wife, I'm retired. I cook, clean, shop, do the laundry, workout five or more days a week, ride my motorcycles whenever I can - and am ready for sex the moment my wife comes home from work - I love this job - it's far and away the best job I've ever had.

The kids are gone, the dog has died, weve sold our big home and moved into a nice condominium downtown and life has begun.

My stock portfolio has gone to **** but I am the happiest I've ever been in my lifel. And I love my E500 4matic with Crapmatic (to quote one of our own )

Steve
Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

E350 Saks Edition
Originally Posted by gnma
People think "he/she drives a Benz, they must be rich". Not true at all.
Shhhhh... Let the commoners think what they want!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
I am a poor-***, cheap-***, punk-***, MSG in the U.S. Army.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM

08 CL600 Blk/Blk (09 C63 traded back- too small) 04 E55 sold
Director of Real Estate -CBS Corporation

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WHAT JOBS DO MB OWNERS HAVE