E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

A shoutout to all Pewter owners!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
a non-aerosol option would be 303 fabric protectant, you can get that from properautocare.com or any of the detailer supply places - the 303 line gets a lot of good press from the folks at autopia.org

comes in a trigger-spray bottle, like 303 aerospace protectant (rubber/vinyl sunblock)
mine, of course, came *after* the car had a week's worth of scuffs on that fabric door sill! :-)

and they say 'apply to a very clean and dry fabric til wet, then let dry overnight"
Old 01-23-2003, 11:16 PM

Jposhea3, or any other Ash interior owner, do you find that the leather on the seats are a good match to Pewter but the top of the dashboard and doors are a little blueish??

It is a little hard to tell from some of the posted pictures.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:36 PM

2003 E500
interesting question - I didnt have a camera with me the other day when I went to a friend's house near the end of the day. It was clear out so the light was much warmer than it was when I shot the stuff on the pic thread.

It's *really* cold on this side of the planet right now (drastically different from all the brushfires in your neighborhood), but it should be clear the next few days.

I'll try to shoot some interior/exterior with better light this weekend - it was dark and overcast when I shot the stuff that's been previously posted (with the red glove on the hood/bonnet)

i must say from the driver's seat the hood falls away so rapidly its hard to tell *what* color the exterior is :-), and when I'm outside I don't really find that I notice the interior is too cool (color temperature).

I saw a platinum blue/stone demo at the dealer this past Monday and in the twilight the headrests (all that was visible from a distance) looked *rather* yellowish.

My objection to stone was the brown plastic of the dashboard/console and the steering wheel - too much brown, particularly with the non-sport(non-avantgarde?) brown wood already in the car.

But that's just personal taste - I find the pix of stone interiors I've seen on this forum all look *really* nice, very stylish and warm. Just not my personal choice.

Getting darker mats for inclement weather is really a must though. Gotta get some charcoal ones soon....
Old 01-24-2003, 12:09 AM

Yeah, I saw your pictures in the thread,they are the most accurate ones I have seen yet of this hard to capture color.

I'm thinking that whether you have the Ash or Stone interior with the Pewter you have one of the best looking cars on the road, either way!!

You are right about the bushfires. I am currently sitting at home with the air conditioning on while the whole of Melbourne is covered in a haze of smoke from the fires in the nearby bushlands.
Tommorrow we are expecting 40 degrees celcius!! Our thoughts are with the fire fighters and local residence.

P.S Get the black mats, it really will make a difference as we have them in the BMW which also has a grey interior.

Last edited by Callaway; 01-24-2003 at 12:12 AM.