E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Is it acceptable to ask for a copy of service records and VMI from a dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320CDI
Is it acceptable to ask for a copy of service records and VMI from a dealer?

I called the dealer and asked about the service for my new-to-me CDI and they did say that just at the end of last year it was serviced but didn't really explain what was done.

I then asked if the fuel filter, transmission fluid, had been done and she said it hadn't.

Is there anyway to get a detail of work done by the dealership for my car? Not sure why some items that are in the maint book wouldn't have been done by them for the first owner during service.

Just wanting to know if it was something acceptable to ask for and not something that they tend to keep guarded. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GTs
yup, you can get the full service copy of what was done to your car at the mercedes-Benz service center.
i got my copy and the everything was up-to-date including all the recall works
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
It's more "acceptable" once you've demonstrated that you're a customer rather than someone just asking for information.

Fuel filter is every other service and transmission is one time only at 39K miles.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
VMI

The MB dealer where I had my car in for services print the VMI for my car, I asked the SA to have that copy, he said : NO, you car read it as long as you want here, but return it to me, he show me at the bottom of the page, there is a line : Confidential : property of MBUSA, he said that at this dealer, the VMI is print out whenever the car is in for service, but cut it out when done, even I am the owner of my car, he is not give in (Calibers motors now MB of Anahein Hill). I had a good relationship with my SA. Regards.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C 300 4-Matic
You can get a copy of your service information from the dealer but not the VMI which is MBUSA records. So you can only get a copy of what you had done at that specific dealer.