2004 e500 help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
2004 e500 help

hey guyz lately i have been shopping around for an w211 i recently found a 04 e500 fully loaded sprt package with 52k miles for 16.7k. do u guyz think itz a good price? is it worth it? also do the 04 e500 have more problemz compared to the other w211s?

all of your oppinions will be gladly appreciated
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL, E500
Originally Posted by mafiozhak
hey guyz lately i have been shopping around for an w211 i recently found a 04 e500 fully loaded sprt package with 52k miles for 16.7k. do u guyz think itz a good price? is it worth it? also do the 04 e500 have more problemz compared to the other w211s?

all of your oppinions will be gladly appreciated
Seems like a great deal in terms of miles and price. But YOU MUST do your research BEFORE buying.

If I may chime in as the current owner of a 2003 E500, don't be afraid to buy an early W211, but MOST CERTAINLY do your homework before you do so. You'll get an awesome car for the money and save thousands.

I purchased mine in 2007 with 35k miles. Needless to say, I saved THOUSANDS from the original sticker of over $60k.

I ran a CARFAX, had the vehicle THOROUGHLY inspected by MB of Chicago, and then bought a premium bumper-to-bumper warranty. It gets serviced religiously at the Benz dealer, and if anything goes wrong (nothing major so far) all I pay is a $100 deductible.

It's never spent more than a day at the shop, build quality is EXCELLENT (NO squeaks or rattles whatsoever), and electronics are superb; I even installed a EURO Comand with DVD in motion, OEM Bluetooth, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio, ALL of which function perfectly and seamlessly with the vehicle.

The 03-04 W211s have developed quite the bad rap of unreliability (perhaps deservedly so), but there ARE some good cars out there, SPECIALLY if they have low mileage and were serviced appropriately ( I happen to have one).

MOST OF ALL, my Savings Account has been quite happy with my original savings. So much so that I already paid off the vehicle, and I'm now enjoying doing all the mods I want as there's no monthly car payment, even doing an 07-08 front end conversion to make the car look pretty much new.

You can do the same if you educate yourself before the purchase.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Originally Posted by Chicago_Buckeye
Seems like a great deal in terms of miles and price. But YOU MUST do your research BEFORE buying.

If I may chime in as the current owner of a 2003 E500, don't be afraid to buy an early W211, but MOST CERTAINLY do your homework before you do so. You'll get an awesome car for the money and save thousands.

I purchased mine in 2007 with 35k miles. Needless to say, I saved THOUSANDS from the original sticker of over $60k.

I ran a CARFAX, had the vehicle THOROUGHLY inspected by MB of Chicago, and then bought a premium bumper-to-bumper warranty. It gets serviced religiously at the Benz dealer, and if anything goes wrong (nothing major so far) all I pay is a $100 deductible.

It's never spent more than a day at the shop, build quality is EXCELLENT (NO squeaks or rattles whatsoever), and electronics are superb; I even installed a EURO Comand with DVD in motion, OEM Bluetooth, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio, ALL of which function perfectly and seamlessly with the vehicle.

The 03-04 W211s have developed quite the bad rap of unreliability (perhaps deservedly so), but there ARE some good cars out there, SPECIALLY if they have low mileage and were serviced appropriately ( I happen to have one).

MOST OF ALL, my Savings Account has been quite happy with my original savings. So much so that I already paid off the vehicle, and I'm now enjoying doing all the mods I want as there's no monthly car payment, even doing an 07-08 front end conversion to make the car look pretty much new.

You can do the same if you educate yourself before the purchase.

thankz for all the help i am going to go and check out the car later on today and im also going to run a carfax on that car aswell and maybe hopefully bring down the price a little more before buying. and ty again for your help
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500, E500, SC400
FYI, i got my 04 E500 with 54k mile, sport pkg for 12.5K, 14K OTD. sweet huh?
want sweeter? : i got my 04 Designo Mocha Blk CLK500 with 8500 miles, ( no it's not typo) for 18K cash form an old gentelmen I know . Jealous???