M272 V6 Headers Questions/Advice/Ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Lightbulb M272 V6 Headers Questions/Advice/Ideas

I recently posted a thread to see if there was any interest in V6 headers as per Benz-O-Rama's VRP V8 shorty header install. I personally would really like a set of V6 headers and wanted to know what your expert opinions might be on this.

A while back I found this ebay seller w/ a few sets of V6 headers supposedly for the M272. They are made in Taiwan and look a little suspect. That isn't to say that everything they make there is, but these have no name brand or any sign of R&D or anything like that to back them up. Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories

I was thinking that while these may not be safe or worthwhile, maybe these could be used as a template to make a better, more suitable set that I can trust to put on my car? What do you guys think? I messaged two buyers of the headers, one said they worked on his SLK 350 and the other said he bought them for re-sale. Any thoughts here? Should I purchase a set and have a better set made of a higher quality material? Could these even be used as a template? Who could I ask to repoduce these better? Reason I ask all this is because I feel like some of the guess work/R&D has been worked out with this item because assumingly it bolts up and these are the bends and widths necessary to fit the engine so that takes all of that out of the equation of having headers made for the M272, right? Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks alot guys.
Attached Thumbnails M272 V6 Headers Questions/Advice/Ideas-v6-header.jpg  
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
The ebay auction states no refund, but contact the guy to see how firm he is on that. If he's flexible, go ahead and pick them up and have him ship to Vadim (VRP) instead of you. Have Vadim evaluate them (for a fee) and if they're not complete garbage, slap them on. If they're junk, ask Vadim to make a similar setup and return the other set. Remember, he's the one who designed the Evosport shorty's when he was with them.

He would probably do it if you could guarantee "X" number of orders. You know how that goes, since you headed up the 4matic lowering springs GB.

Anyway, just a thought. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Are you cool with him like that? Maybe you could help spread some love??
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
Are you cool with him like that? Maybe you could help spread some love??

No sir. Never met him, other than through this site when I bought my headers. But you know how you can just tell that someone is completely cool and an enthusiast and willing to help? I get that feeling about Vadim. You can read countless testimonials to that affect in the E55 forum about him. Quite a class act.

Worth a shot. It's free to talk to him, right?