E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

help lowering car!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help lowering car!!!!!!!!!

hello all i need advise , help anything. i have a 06 e350 with 19 inch rims i want to lower my car, i dont have airmatic. i herd around that when dropping the car with h&r it seams to be lower in the rear than the front i really dont want it like that if anyone has pic s post them so i can see what it looks like......also if anyone has an idea for bluetooth telephone how can i add this because if the car is not wired for it can it be done.....
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
It's not that the H&R's drop it lower in the back, it just appears lower due to the higher arching of the front fenders. Take a real good look at the profile of your car. The front fenders are cut higher than the rear, giving you the illusion of an uneven drop. I would drop it evenly. The last thing you want is a car with a huge rake towards the front. That will through off the handling characteristics of it pretty bad.

That said, when I'm showing my car at events, I calibrate my lowering module (airmatic) so that the car appears level at all 4 corners. But when I drive the car, it looks lower in the rear.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 PM

thanks

so what should i do just get the h&R springs
Old 04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by kyrikos
so what should i do just get the h&R springs

I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me, I'd lower the car correctly. Meaning, keep it geometrically even.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 AM

defenitly aree what your saying i didnt want to the lower the front lower than the rear but it looks to me when i had a clk 500 i lowered it on h&r springs and looked like th e rear was lower than the front but i under stand no what you mean about that. i als found coilover suspension for my car varient 2 complete ajustable dampering and hieght i really dont want the cheep way out i just want a little drop and ride compfert what way should i go coilovers or springs and stuts..meaning H&R or eibach