E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Drift to Right? Who Needs a Camber Kit...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S550
Drift to Right? Who Needs a Camber Kit...

Beautiful here in Texas yesterday, but the tragedy dulled all that.

While detailing the car in the afternoon, I thought I'd try out my new G. H. Meiser tire guage. (I've never checked the tire pressure since I picked up the car.)

32 psi, front and back, left (driver's) side; 46 psi front and back, right side. I adjusted it, but haven't taken it out on the road to check for drift.

I did have it in for service in November for a drift-to-right problem and while after there was still a very slight drift, it wasn't as bad. I'll wager I've got a pretty good drift now. Seems like a talk with my Service Advisor may be in order...
Old 02-02-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
You're certainly right about the space shuttle tragedy; it is ruining the warmer temps we are now experiencing in Ohio.

As for your drifting, I would surmise that your dealer adjusted the drifting by compensating with your right-side tires' tire pressure... which, if true, is pretty absurd. I would certainly point that out to them and see what's the next (and real) remedy.

My E500 was delivered with 36 psi all around, but since the recommended pressure is quite lower than that (unless you drive above 100 mph), I adjusted all of the tires to be much closer (but still a tad over) the original pressures.

Now it rides a bit softer and (knock on wood) still no drifting. But wouldn't you think that the tires would at least be properly inflated on delivery?!?