E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

airmatic damper position switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
airmatic damper position switch

My Airmatic "visit workshop" light recently came on. I took it to my local neighborhood independant mechanic who works on mercedes'. He said when he put the computer on it, it said there was an open or closed switch error for the front left strut damper position switch/sensor. The strut itself was good with no leaks. He told me Mercedes did not sell the damper switch seperately and said it came on the front strut assembly from Mercedes which was about 1400 give or take. Does anyone know of a place I might buy this switch or a junkyard that specializes in Mercedes that I might could call and get one from? thanks...
Old 04-16-2009, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by mcnaugri
My Airmatic "visit workshop" light recently came on. I took it to my local neighborhood independant mechanic who works on mercedes'. He said when he put the computer on it, it said there was an open or closed switch error for the front left strut damper position switch/sensor. The strut itself was good with no leaks. He told me Mercedes did not sell the damper switch seperately and said it came on the front strut assembly from Mercedes which was about 1400 give or take. Does anyone know of a place I might buy this switch or a junkyard that specializes in Mercedes that I might could call and get one from? thanks...
www.pgauto.com They specialize in MBs

Ask for Pat if you call the Maryland location.